Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Distro Logos/graphics/Propaganda
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Distro Logos/graphics/Propaganda

Distro Logos/graphics/Propaganda

Well, post your favorite logos for your favorite distros. You don't have to show the images here, just post the link. Also, if you want to post some stuff about what distro you run and why.

Here's me:

Slackware 9.1

My favorite logo (some people are tired of me showing this but here it is):

http://www.slackware.com/~msimons/sl...d/divineSW.gif

It is pretty Cool. I ran Debian so here is a good logo thing:

http://bh.udev.org/filez/photos/cool...round.1024.jpg

Awesome, isn't it? ;D

Re:Distro Logos/graphics/Propaganda

Ha!
    google

Need I say more?

[quote author=CAssIus link=board=7;threadid=9033;start=0#msg81675 date=1081995596]
    Ha!
    google

Need I say more?

[/quote]

hahaha. FreeBSD is good but it doesn't have the strength to over throw Tux! ;D

Good Guru

[quote author=shebang link=board=7;threadid=9033;start=0#msg81715 date=1082050858]
    hahaha. FreeBSD is good but it doesn't have the strength to over throw Tux! ;D
    [/quote]

I am not so sure ....

Is it really better than Linux? When I tried it yesterday, it is not as easy to maintain while has a very strict 100% Unix environment. mmm...maybe it is a matter of opinion. I would choose Linux over FreeBSD. Italics since I have not tried any other BSD's like Net or Open. ;D

Good Guru

[quote author=shebang link=board=7;threadid=9033;start=0#msg81722 date=1082051708]
    Is it really better than Linux? When I tried it yesterday, it is not as easy to maintain while has a very strict 100% Unix environment. mmm...maybe it is a matter of opinion. I would choose Linux over FreeBSD. Italics since I have not tried any other BSD's like Net or Open. ;D
    [/quote]

I think for most purposes yes. The one reason I dont use it as much as I would, is I play alot of games and try to make as much run off of WIndows as possible. WineX supposedly can work in FreeBSD but again, that is in the Linux emulation mode. So now I am umulating Linux to emulate Windows. Kinda shitty eh?

As for the rest -- I would say either even or better. OpenBSD is God for servers and security points (firewalls, gateways, routers). I havent used NetBSD much to find its forte.

[quote author=Slave Copy link=board=7;threadid=9033;start=0#msg81739 date=1082065930]
    [quote author=shebang link=board=7;threadid=9033;start=0#msg81722 date=1082051708]
    [/quote]

I think for most purposes yes. The one reason I dont use it as much as I would, is I play alot of games and try to make as much run off of WIndows as possible. WineX supposedly can work in FreeBSD but again, that is in the Linux emulation mode. So now I am umulating Linux to emulate Windows. Kinda shitty eh?

As for the rest -- I would say either even or better. OpenBSD is God for servers and security points (firewalls, gateways, routers). I havent used NetBSD much to find its forte.
    [/quote]

I heard NetBSD is great to run web servers and etc.

[quote author=Slave Copy link=board=7;threadid=9033;start=0#msg81739 date=1082065930]
    [/quote]

[/quote]

Thanks for clarifying. hmm.. i was always under the impression that Linux was the king of Unix based OS'...of course only till today. ;D Once Again thanks!

What better way to promote FreeBSD to geeky boys than to use the Daemon babes ?

^ ohh the poor poor kittens