Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

How do you turn down the volume in KDE

Thread: How do you turn down the volume in KDE

Hybrid View

How do you turn down the volume in KDE

When it starts up and when I connect to the internet the volume is super high.
    I cannot find any where to turn it down.
    I have looked all over the menu.

Re:How do you turn down the volume in KDE

[quote author=Fly Fisher link=board=6;threadid=9022;start=0#msg81566 date=1081888291]
    [/quote]

Do you have a little icon in your tray that looks like a speaker? That works just like the thingy in Windoze. Or, you should have a "mixer" entry in your multi media menu. (on SUSE, it is just called "volume control&quot.

just run kmix... set the volume as you want it and i believe in the menu there's an option where you can save it so it uses those settings everytime kde starts

Great, thanks, I will do these. ;D

Reading over the replies to this thread so far... no one addresses how to turn down MODEM volume.

In KDE, presuming that you are using kppp for dialing up, startup kppp, then, instead of clicking on Connect, click on Setup.

From the Setup menu, you should see a tab for Hardware. Select it, and the volume setting for the modem will be on a little slider in the middle of the dialog box. Click and drag it down to lower just the modem volume. You can even completely silence it (nice if you are listening to something while you're dialing up...)

Hope I got this right (some of the weasel-words may be messed up as I'm logged in on a kppp connection as I write this... working from memory.) and I hope it helps.

Later ON,
    Dave

[quote author=Fly Fisher link=board=6;threadid=9022;start=0#msg81566 date=1081888291]
    [/quote]