Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: God *bleeping* taxes

God *bleeping* taxes

Man, I currently lose about 41% of my salary to taxes, ($5,000 of which goes to paying into a social security system that I will probably never get the benefit of using) and on April 15th I will somehow still owe the IRS $2000 in taxes that it failed to collect from me over the course of the year. Bush wants to propose permenant tax cuts for the rich, and what do I get? Probably the same $180 tax-cut check that I got last time Bush decided to give a few crumbs back to America's wage slaves. Thanks for nothing Uncle Sam!

Sorry had to vent > I'm a little irate these days.

Re:God *bleeping* taxes

Dude what are you claiming on your W2?

[quote author=Mountainman link=board=14;threadid=9020;start=0#msg81546 date=1081858730]
    [/quote]

As far as I know, I am claming zero and have an extra $25 taken out every paycheck in an effort to try to avoid this type of thing. Whatever the maximum they can take out is what I am claiming. I'll have to double check with payroll, but I requested this last year in an effort to not have to pay come tax time.

I hate to break it to you, but Bush never intended to give anything back to the wage slaves, but rather to those who are already well off.

Bush is Robbin Da Hood, take from the poor & give to the rich!

Mentor

[quote author=tolstoy link=board=14;threadid=9020;start=0#msg81574 date=1081895429]
    [quote author=Mountainman link=board=14;threadid=9020;start=0#msg81546 date=1081858730]
    [/quote]

As far as I know, I am claming zero and have an extra $25 taken out every paycheck in an effort to try to avoid this type of thing. Whatever the maximum they can take out is what I am claiming. I'll have to double check with payroll, but I requested this last year in an effort to not have to pay come tax time.
    [/quote]

you need to find a good accountant, i have a guy that used to work in the IRS and he knows some good tricks and things to do to get the most back.

This guy actually lives in DC and his parents live the next town over from me. Every year him and his wife come up to New Jersey and they do peoples taxes for 3 weeks straight. If you lived in jersey i'd give you his name.

[quote author=boblucci link=board=14;threadid=9020;start=0#msg81615 date=1081956875]
    [quote author=tolstoy link=board=14;threadid=9020;start=0#msg81574 date=1081895429]
    [/quote]

[/quote]

you need to find a good accountant, i have a guy that used to work in the IRS and he knows some good tricks and things to do to get the most back.

This guy actually lives in DC and his parents live the next town over from me. Every year him and his wife come up to New Jersey and they do peoples taxes for 3 weeks straight. If you lived in jersey i'd give you his name.
    [/quote]

My parents live in Jersey (and I used to).

Good Guru

Well, you are lucky you only have to pay a couple thousands... .

Me, I was slapped with 43K in tax bills. With advanced payment and stuff, I still owe 12K to federal and 3K to state. > >

I run my own business. I worked hard. In return, I got nothing back. Because I made too much money, my tax rate is high. They gave no shit credit for renting which I had to since all my money is in my business and no extra to make down payment in high-flying prices of houses in Silicon valley area.

Out of all I made, minus credit for employee salaries; expenses of materials; business use of vehicles; I still have to pay 46% to governments. No rental credit of 2.5K a month rent, no credit for school. I made too much money to get govenrment medical insurance as well as higher education tution assistants not to mention any kind of grants and stuff.

I see some stupid people who can't shut their holes and have too many babies living off of government assistant who have much better living standards than myself. Drive nicer cars and eat better ( mine usually spent on the car with shitty fast foods ).

Now, go figure. What did I get last year from all those tax cuts? Zero, zippp, none, nada ... > > >

Kind Mastermind

Did you incorporate? You definitely need to talk to a good accountant and see how much of your business's income can be protected. Seems like you're being taken to the cleaner's, big time.

Cheers

The top 1% of the wealthiest citizens pay 31% of ALL the income tax in this country....obviously if there is a tax cut they will receive the bulk...they pay most of it!