Thread: WiX

WiX

It looks as if Microsoft has begun their first open-source project. Check out Microsoft Trying Soft Sell To Beat Open Source for more info.

P.S. The project website, which is hosted on SourceForge, can be reached at http://sourceforge.net/projects/wix.

Re:WiX

maybe this is the start of their new "if you can't beat them, join them" philosophy

yea well i can dream can i?

It was registerd on March 31st. Look how many bugs there are:
    http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?atid...mp;func=browse

heh! a true M$ product.

that's actually a low amount of bugs... there's no such thing as bug free software... most projects have a lot of bugs that only get noticed once the user base increases and the software is being used in more and more different situations. seeing as how it's been downloaded over 41,000 times i'd say the bug count is very low. but then again, i'm sure most people are just looking at the code hoping they can find some dumb piece of code so they can say "oh look at what a huge m$ mistake i found" instead of actually using the software

i never thought id see the day

They released fairly useless software, it was a stunt. I doubt many people were like "I need the source for Wix sooo bad" Also, I can't find the article, but didn't some bug finder program (I forget what they're called) find a myriad of bugs in the kernel?

[quote author=countach44 link=board=14;threadid=9006;start=0#msg81471 date=1081736362]
    They released fairly useless software, it was a stunt. I doubt many people were like "I need the source for Wix sooo bad" Also, I can't find the article, but didn't some bug finder program (I forget what they're called) find a myriad of bugs in the kernel?
    [/quote]

The Stanford checker, it's based on GCC.