Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good free email

Good free email

Are there any kick ass email services out there? I'm sick of using my work email for personal resaons (even though I am the mail admin) and am tired of hotmail. What do you guys use?

Re:Good free email

You're a mail admin? Can you register your own domain name and have it forwarded to an IP at your work, then setup a virtual account just for yourself so you can receive the email? That's what I've done here at work. It allows me to have control over my mail account, while still not using my work account.

Right now I admin 2 boxes, an Exchange box and a Sendmail box. I'm the only one with full control over everything on these two systems. (Actually I'm the only one with any control on these systems at all). However, I would just like to have an account that has nothing to do with my employer or my employer's equipment (not that i have anything against my employer).

I have a hotmail account, but I'm a little tired of hotmail.

Apparently google's Gmail wasn't an april fool's joke, and they're planning on making good with it. Wait another few months and you'll be able to get a google account!

Spymac was announcing another 1gb email service, and they were saying it was less intrusive than the one from Google.

I use myrealbox.com, the service is spotty at times but they offer free POP/IMAP/SMTP access which is great.

Couldn't you use DynDNS and host a *.mine.nu account and use your local root@*.mine.nu account as your email account? That's what some people I know use (including countach44, I think).

[quote author=shebang link=board=14;threadid=8992;start=0#msg81306 date=1081472879]
    Couldn't you use DynDNS and host a *.mine.nu account and use your local root@*.mine.nu account as your email account? That's what some people I know use (including countach44, I think).
    [/quote]

Some ISPs do not let their clients use mail server software such as Sendmail.

The MyRealBox system will continue to no longer accept new accounts at this time.

yahoo mail and linuxmail.org to name a few. May not be that much kick ass but better then hotmail.