Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

VI commands
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VI commands

Hybrid View

Mentor

VI commands

i have no idea why this is but i cant get rid of it and i'm hoping someone can help me.

I was editing a file in vi and now i have word that is highlighted yellow!

how do i remove the yellow highlights???

Re:VI commands

Are you using VIM? This doesn't sound like a native VI feature...

yeah, it is vim because, when he searched something with '/' , it auto matically enables high-lighting on some distros. ??? i don't know why?

at the bash prompt, type in: % vimtutor and search for highlight. It should tell how how to disable it. I am not sure I remember.

My solution:
    use elvis :P

Not all of them use Slack, you know? plus, other distros (except debian) probably do NOT come with elvis. Debian does. ;D But that is out of question.

the easiest solutions by far is this:

/qmdkfjqsmdklrjazmeioruqsmdifjqsmdklfjqmsdklfjqmsdk lfj

odds are very small that that string will be found in your document

Mentor

Thanks for the help guys!!

[quote author=Ralinx link=board=12;threadid=8984;start=0#msg81277 date=1081436236]

[/quote]

I try to put that string in all my documents.... ;D

[quote author=Ralinx link=board=12;threadid=8984;start=0#msg81277 date=1081436236]

[/quote]

thats exactly what i do, when i am looking for something it is nice have highlifghting.

or just

Code:
    : nohlsearch