Thread: Santa Fe Linux

Santa Fe Linux

I stumbled across an announcement on another Linux site about the Santa Fe Desktop distribution. Being a non-technical type person, but recognizing the value of Linux, I found this distribution to be very interesting. Does anyone have any info on this? Is it really as simple to use as it claims? Are there known glaring faults?
    I tried Linux a while back but was incredibly frustrated at the difficulty in configuring and in installing new software and the like.
    - Dan

Re:Santa Fe Linux

you really should stick with the top ten distro.....at least people actually tried it out. That includes slackware,debian,gentoo,ubuntu,mandriva,fedora,kno ppix,xandros,
    suse,and mepis. If you really easiness, i suggest you use debian or
    ubuntu.

Well I saw a good review of it on Linuxjournal. It supposed to run with Nividia or ati graphics alleleration. Its a live cd like knoppix.

if you want something simple try Ubuntu it's the most simple distro you can use IMO another good one is SuSE.

You can try it out, for sure...it's a live cd so there's nothing stopping you. But just use the usual new distro style caution. ALL new distros have bugs; even those based off the big 3 (Fedora, Debian, SuSE). They range from annoying to crippling. Bear this in mind when making a judgement.

Anyway, if you're looking to get into Linux, I'd recommend Ubuntu (http://www.ubuntulinux.com/ ) at the drop of a hat. People are also saying good things about the latest version of Linspire.

Good Guru

[quote author=Tyr_7BE link=board=7;threadid=10465;start=0#msg94210 date=1116721737]
    People are also saying good things about the latest version of Linspire.
    [/quote]

Yes we are

Although for stability purposes, 4.5 has still proven a bit better. 5.0 includes the first X.org, 2.6 Kernel, and specific KDE integrations that were not there in 4.x.

(threw that out for completeness )

I like SuSE for ease of use. The install was completely mindless.