Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NetBSD's got a new logo!

NetBSD's got a new logo!

This is what they announce:

"We are proud to announce that the NetBSD project's logo competition has ended, and that we now have a new logo that will lead us into a bright new future! Without many words, here is a snapshot of the new logo in action:"

http://www.NetBSD.org/~hubertf/newlogo.png

They explain the reasons this logo was chosen:

"The new logo was chosen to express NetBSD's strong grounds in Open Source software, using the symbol that stands for our goals in both public and technical environments today. We are currently working on incorporating the logo into our website and all the needed places for you to experience a uniform look and feel of our web site, www.NetBSD.org.

The selected logo was influenced by recent support from prominent developers of other Open Source operating system developers, and the NetBSD project has gained many new ideas with their contributions that will lead to prompt changes in the project's goals and structure, which is what we're working on now and will announce soon. Please stay tuned!"

Re:NetBSD's got a new logo!

NGene the queen of aprils fool jokes... okay you can stop now, it's not fun anymore.

Sweet logo, the penguin is a good look for them, but isn't it used somewhere else? Like maybe Solaris or something?

That's gonna cause more confusion than the Daemon.

[quote author=gorn link=board=13;threadid=8952;start=0#msg80809 date=1080834786]
    Sweet logo, the penguin is a good look for them, but isn't it used somewhere else? Like maybe Solaris or something?
    [/quote]

Nah. It's SCO unixware that uses it, isn't it? Anyway, the netBSD folks didn't even spell Torvalds right...

How's this for an april fool's joke?

I gave then my email address just to see what they'd say... No respsonse yet. Maybe I just ended up signing for more spam.

Check out http://www.linux.org for some April Fools stuff.

[quote author=chessforce link=board=13;threadid=8952;start=0#msg80837 date=1080862778]
    Check out http://www.linux.org for some April Fools stuff.
    [/quote]

http://www.linux.org/news/2004/04/01/0011.html

[quote author=gorn link=board=13;threadid=8952;start=0#msg80809 date=1080834786]

That's gonna cause more confusion than the Daemon.
    [/quote]

[quote author=countach44 link=board=13;threadid=8952;start=0#msg80835 date=1080858834]
    I gave then my email address just to see what they'd say... No respsonse yet. Maybe I just ended up signing for more spam.
    [/quote]

Well, I am begining to doubt that it's a joke. But something's fishy about this. I mean, please, one gig of storage for free? I don't think so....

They might not even store the addresses. Or maybe they're generating a sucker list.