Thread: Fedora Core 2 Test 2 released

Fedora Core 2 Test 2 released

just read this on the fedora mailing list

Torrent link: http://torrent.dulug.duke.edu/

Re:Fedora Core 2 Test 2 released

thanks dude!

Wonder if they ever finished tweaking everything for the 2.6 kernel. Has anyone tried it yet?

I have a funny hang here if I leave the computer unattended for awhile - other than that FC2t2 has been great these past 2 days (I yummed just after the devel freeze set in).

screeny

Pretty slick LC. ;D

Wow. Segfault. Haven't seen that member in awhile.

I tried it before I came to Slack and i must say it is slicker than FC1 and RH 9. ;D A pretty good newbie/enterprise distro.

[quote author=Master Copy link=board=7;threadid=8938;start=0#msg80636 date=1080598256]
    Pretty slick LC. ;D

Wow. Segfault. Haven't seen that member in awhile.
    [/quote]

thanks, just showing off the awesome new OOo splashscreen to seggie.

On the issue of Segfault, I talk to him often, but it's quite difficult with the time difference being ~12 hours. You'll be happy to know he's doing okay, and apparently is getting his feet wet in the OSS world.

Mentor

Fedora Core 2 would have to be vastly better than FC1 before I'd reccomend it to anyone.
    CP

I tried to install it this past weekend and came across this same type of problem. This is quoted from Distrowatch.com:

What's wrong with Fedora Core 2 Test2? Two things. The first CD fails to boot for a surprisingly high number of testers. Some of you might recall a similar problem with Mandrakelinux 10.0 Community, where a simple workaround was to boot from the second CD and replace it with the first one at the start of the installation. A similar workaround exists for this Fedora release, using the boot CD from Fedora Core 2 Test1. The second often reported problem was the integration of SELinux into this release, a major surgery with some unpleasant side-effects and occasional unexpected behaviour. While SELinux can certainly be justified on critical server installations, an average desktop user probably won't need it. If you fall into this category, try adding "selinux=0" to the kernel command line, or use "SELINUX=disabled" in your /etc/sysconfig/selinux to return to the standard kernel.
    Since I don't have FC 1, I can't boot it even using floppy images. O well! :

The article does mention that is a beta so expect bugs and problems.

I downloaded the isos as well to try a SELinux enabled build, first this test release didn't boot (find I just needed a isolinux boot so I used FC1). Then SELinux caused the thing to not even boot.

Not to impressing - but with SELinux disabled it's a most impressive system to use, aside the legal issues like no video playback and no mp3 support.

I love the work that's ongoing on OpenOffice, LeSage is replacing each and every icon so OpenOffice will look the part.