Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Isreal and Palestine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Isreal and Palestine

Isreal and Palestine

http://www.csmonitor.com/2004/0324/p10s01-wome.html

I think its only a matter of time now before it gets really ugly there. Its not gonna be the carebear kinda wars that the US plays by. Its gonna be all out, targetting civilians on both sides. Just another bright spot in world history....

Re:Isreal and Palestine

[quote author=Mountainman link=board=14;threadid=8901;start=0#msg80337 date=1080070596]
    I think its only a matter of time now before it gets really ugly there.
    [/quote]

You're kidding .... right? Just how much worse does it have to get before you can call it `ugly'.

In my opinion the U.S. should have created an outreach program in Palestine/Israel, instead of deploying armed troops. As at it is today, the United States is creating more terrorist than it is killing off.

You can kill a revolutionary, but you can't stop a revolution.

Mentor

[quote author=cassius link=board=14;threadid=8901;start=0#msg80339 date=1080072512]

[/quote]

revolution ??? ???

Good Guru

[quote author=cassius link=board=14;threadid=8901;start=0#msg80339 date=1080072512]
    Just how much worse does it have to get before you can call it `ugly'.[/quote]
    I agree.

I've always been the supporter of peace negotiations between Israel and Palestine. The problem is with hard liners from both sides who can't agree that there is other side of the coin in which they also have the rights to exist.

[quote author=Mountainman link=board=14;threadid=8901;start=0#msg80337 date=1080070596]
    I think its only a matter of time now before it gets really ugly there.
    [/quote]

You're kidding .... right? Just how much worse does it have to get before you can call it `ugly'.

In my opinion the U.S. should have created an outreach program in Palestine/Israel, instead of deploying armed troops. As at it is today, the United States is creating more terrorist than it is killing off.

[/quote]

What Im talking about will make the last three years there seem like disneyland. Im surprised it hasnt broken out into serious warfare yet. By that I mean Im surprised Isreal hasnt bulldozed every home in the gaza strip and killed everyone there that wasnt isreali.

Im surprised it hasnt broken out into serious warfare yet. By that I mean Im surprised Isreal hasnt bulldozed every home in the gaza strip and killed everyone there that wasnt isreali.
    The Isrealis would never use bulldozers to raze Palestinian neighborhoods when the bombs they drop from aircraft already do such a fine job.

That place whole area has been a mess for a long time, but yes, it will probably get much worse.

As for American policy there, it has been so shoddy for the past few presidencies that pretty much no one over there knows what to make of our commitiments. At one point we try to foster peace talks and actually listen to people like the PLO, then we pump weapons into Isreal that are eventually used to kill Palestinian civilians in retaliation for Paletianian thugs killing Isreali civilians. What a sh*t sandwich!

It seems like every presidency has had such a different policy on the whole Isreal/Palestine problem that we just helping f*ck the place up even worse. Either way, our Isreali connection helps us stabalize our presence in that region. We're not likely to change our commitment to arming Isreal to the teeth as long as we want Isreal to be our guard dog watching over places like Iraq, Syria, Iran andf then rest of our oil bearing friends. Having Isreal act an armed guard protecting our interestes seems to come at the price of our weapons being used on civilians.

Very well said, Tolstoy...I agree!

Welcome to the real world - the Isrealis invaded another country and in lack of a better term enslaved the population. And this it the kind of country the american tax payers donate 3 billion dollars to each year.

Outreach program my ass, the only way to get this thing solved is to get the subborn jews to admit they were wrong, and for that idiot Yassir to embrace none violent ressitance rather than to condome even more terrorist acts.

[quote author=Mandrake blows link=board=14;threadid=8901;start=0#msg80733 date=1080728462]
    Welcome to the real world - the Isrealis invaded another country and in lack of a better term enslaved the population. And this it the kind of country the american tax payers donate 3 billion dollars to each year.

Outreach program my ass, the only way to get this thing solved is to get the subborn jews to admit they were wrong, and for that idiot Yassir to embrace none violent ressitance rather than to condome even more terrorist acts.
    [/quote]

Wow, this is nothing but a troll, but I'll bite: I'll accept your argument when you, at any time, on any map, can show me this country that Isreal is supposed to have invaded. This whole idea of a "Palistinian State" is propaganda from one side. See it for what it is. Also, ad hominem attacks don't add to a debate and just make you look foolish. If you don't have something constructive to add, just don't reply.

Also, I think we can all agree that the situation over in that part of the world is seriously screwed, and that a solution to the problem is nowhere on the horizon. Changing people's fundamental beliefs is next to impossible, particularly where religion is involved. This is not to say we shouldn't try, but as has been pointed out, attempts to do this have been erratic at best.