Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

controlling browsing...

Thread: controlling browsing...

Hybrid View

controlling browsing...

The Boss wants me to setup some Win2k machines that can only browse a few specified domains... I know I can do this using a linux box as a gateway/etc. and running squid on it... but anything I can do to individual machines? Something via policy editing perhaps?

Re:controlling browsing...

There is a policy setting that will remove computer browsing at domain level, for regular users. However, as far as I know, that is an all or nothing setting.

No, not computer browsing, Web browsing.

Basically, we want to setup a few kiosk type machines that will only be allowed to surf one or two specific domains.

Oh, ok. What you do is enter bogus information for DNS, or remove DNS entries on then, so they can't query. Then, add the trusted domains to your HOSTS file.

In poledit I think you can set it so they can't type in URLS, but bookmarks will work. (However they can still modify bookmarks and point them to C:\ [braindead security (c) microsoft])