Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

To leave, or not to leave..that is the question
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: To leave, or not to leave..that is the question

To leave, or not to leave..that is the question

...No, im not talking about this forum, i love this forum.

...im talking about student senate at school. Here is the run-down of whats happend three times now:

People go in there to bitch about the school, sorry for the lack of a better term but its how it is, and they LOVE to complain but kept shooting down the ideas we had before we even spoke them completly (we being a few members and I) and its really impossible to "attempt to solve the problem" when they are like that, and the discussion wasn't involved enough. today was the worst. Trying to understand them is hard when they dont even explain THEIR issues very well, and when i cant speak without getting interupted, it makes it difficult.

The advisors dont want me to leave, because they said i am one of the few contributing members, but it ruined my whole afternoon for the third time.. as well as Ashley's afternoon.

I dont want to leave it, i enjoy it when we help the school, but today was unnaceptable. Any teachers out there, especially of a charter school? anybody that has any input?

Thanks in advance

Re:To leave, or not to leave..that is the question

When someone interupts you while you're speaking, tell them to 'shut the fsck up for 5 seconds' so you can finish.
    Always works for me. ;D

Good Guru

Kick the offenders in the gooch and tell them really quietly "Ssssh, be quiet, I am talking."

Works for me ....

i wish i could, but i try to be as professional as I can. it would have probobly been different, accept Reed and Zander were both gone, and then we would have outnumbered that group of people. I did ask them to be quiet until i was done speaking, they said they would, but didn't. Last time I ended up saying something that argued one of their points to an extreme, which made them get up and leave, but it didn't work this time.

Good Guru

That's the skills you will learn from that experience so keep going.

its just...yesterday i felt like explodeing on student senate for being so stupid..but ashley and I just used my laptop to pass notes back and forth

as impolite as it is, she was the only one who even cared what i thought

One of the things that I learned from doing thing like that, was that if you have to raise your voice to get your point across, youve already lost the argument. Plus, you can try some different things. Use an egg timer to limit talk time, if someone interrupts, then reciprocate. You may want to open with a disclaimer and make sure that you have backing from either the rest of your senate, or from the teachers. If that doesnt work, you can make threats against their families or blackmail. I personally prefer Kneecapping with a 3/4 inch woodbit and a 18v Dewalt. ;D
    10ded

i always thought tieing their rams to something and using like three cat5 cables on their back would have some interesting results :P

[quote author=Dusk_Knight link=board=14;threadid=8881;start=0#msg80234 date=1079876318]
    i always thought tieing their rams to something and using like three cat5 cables on their back would have some interesting results :P
    [/quote]

Just strip the outer insulation off the cat5, it's 4 twisted pairs, or 8 wires, that's enough to make a formidable cat o' nine tails.

I'd say you need to discuss this out in the open. Call for a meeting and discuss the offending behaviour. Explain that you are all there to provide a service to the school, and it is not getting done. Then establish a standardized method of running the meetings; each person gets a certain ammount of time without being interrupted, all suggestions are turned in in writing, all comments and criticism too. Writing things down gives people time to rethink their thoughts.