Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

how do you like yours?

Thread: how do you like yours?

how do you like yours?

myself..i need the noise of a computer, id go insane with every little "house noise" without it (drowns them out)

Re:how do you like yours?

I can sleep just about through any type of noise as long as its not real loud. I work late night shift work(8pm-6am), so it doesn't matter.

I work from 11pm-8am, but I have a gateway box in my office (the Slackware box) that has a noisy fan. I want to replace it, I just havent yet, plus it keeps my apartment from being TOTALLY quiet.

Mentor

I have my PC running, and I also have a radiator heater in my room. The radiator makes a constant running water sound all night long. Right beside my bed is a fridge, and as fridges do, it switches on at random times throughout the night. I can sleep through anything.
    CP

I don't really sleep much, but when I manage to, it is always aided by Darkstar's (my computer) fan. I then have xmms-alarm wake me up at a certain time.

Mentor

[quote author=philangatron link=board=17;threadid=8861;start=0#msg80017 date=1079517880]
    I don't really sleep much, but when I manage to, it is always aided by Darkstar's (my computer) fan. I then have xmms-alarm wake me up at a certain time.
    [/quote]
    xmms-alarm is excellent, I've been wanting to use something like that for ages and never even thought to look for it. Thanks, karma for you
    CP

Mentor

Once I had xmms-alarm, I had to find something to make the music stop at night, so I had a look around and found this site. The xmms-goodnight plugin is excellent. It means that I can now set my PC to stop playing after about 20mins past when I've gone to bed, and then it'll wake me up in the mornings.
    CP

Mentor

i used to live on a busy 4 lane road and my bedroom window was facing the street. i used to hear the cars go by the house at night. I used to hate the noise.....

then i moved out and got my own place on a dead end road and it was too quiet i couldnt sleep!!! I couldnt believe i missed the sound of the cars going by, i guess it was soothing and it put me to sleep.

it took me a good couple of weeks to get used to it.

[quote author=boblucci link=board=17;threadid=8861;start=0#msg80030 date=1079538159]
    i used to live on a busy 4 lane road and my bedroom window was facing the street. i used to hear the cars go by the house at night. I used to hate the noise.....

then i moved out and got my own place on a dead end road and it was too quiet i couldnt sleep!!! I couldnt believe i missed the sound of the cars going by, i guess it was soothing and it put me to sleep.
    [/quote]

Whenever I go home I always love falling asleep to the train going by (My house is not far from the "L" [public transit via train in Chicago]), when I lived there I didn't really notice it, I mean I would hear it but it never bothered me or comforted me, but now I never hear it, I just fall asleep to bad music and drunk people laughing...

Reminds me of blues brothers "It goes by so often you won't even notice"