Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Who has a spear hard drive??
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who has a spear hard drive??

Hybrid View

Who has a spear hard drive??

Hey everyone,

Who has a spare hard drive they don't use that is sitting around?? I'm looking for something like 120 gig or more. It's going to be used for an XP computer. Any help?? Thanx everyone..

Re:Who has a spear hard drive??

I doubt anyone has a 120 gb hard drive laying around.

You can probably buy one cheap, though.

http://www.pricewatch.com/

I don't have any type of credit card or anything like that to purchase. I did look at the drives though.

Mentor

Find a retailer in your area. They will probably accept cash payments. I just bought a 120gig HD and it cost me $200NZ, roughly $120US. They are cheap as chips at the moment.
    CP

Does anyone know how to re-build the hard drive?? I know i don't know how to do it. I don't even have a clean room to open the hard drive. Even if i did i still don't know what kind of problems i'm looking for.

Mentor

How do you even know you have a problem with your HD?
    CP

I just know.. If i get a new HD it would fix all my problems. It would most likely get rid of error messages, viruses that is impossible to get rid of.. And i would like an HD. If i can't get 120 i would settle with 40 gig..

Derek, your hard drive is good. You have no problems with it. Viruses are softwares and can be deleted. And you need an antivirus as pointed previously.

If you can't point a real, specific problem with the drive, so we can help you

or

if you are not willing to buy a drive on your own,

then there is no use on you posting here.

Mentor

What kind of HD is it? There is a thing you can do called zero-fill. The maker of you're HD probably has a utility to do this. If you pull it apart, I doubt it will ever work again. What error messages relate to the HD?
    CP

Mentor

derek,

i have a 20 gig that i will swap with you. You give me your 120gig and i'll give you my 20gig.

I'm just kidding....

I saw in compusa this weekend they were selling a 120gig harddrive for $129 or $139 but still 120gig for that cheap i dont even need one and i was tempted to buy one.

I'm 100% sure getting a new harddrive will NOT fix your problems.

Well, i guess it will for a short time ;D ;D

why cant you format it and reload XP???