Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

I'm back. Now where do I start?

Thread: I'm back. Now where do I start?

I'm back. Now where do I start?

Hey all. A good number of you kind folks were very helpful to me over the last few months as I dove into the deep and murkey waters of Linux. Then I got cocky, tried to do more than I knew, and messed up my hard drive.

Then, as I was working on re-installing Linux, my laptop hinge snapped. So then I was stuck with an out-of-warrantly laptop with a snapped hinge.

To make a long story short, I was able to find the broken part on ebay, and as of tonight I am back up and running. I would like to get going again. I'm running Fedora on a pretty much clean install. So, Here I go.

Just wanted to thank all of you for your past, present and future help!

Take care,

John

Re:I'm back. Now where do I start?

Welcome back!

Good Guru

If you know your mistake, don't do it again. ;D

Yeah, go nice and easy. You will catch on.

[quote author=Compunuts link=board=21;threadid=8855;start=0#msg79927 date=1079424732]
    If you know your mistake, don't do it again. ;D

Yeah, go nice and easy. You will catch on.
    [/quote]

And if you don't know your mistake DO IT AGAIN! This time learn it though, and don't do it again :P.

Seriously you can learn how something works by examining how it acts when broken rather then how it acts when working, and understanding how to fix things is key also. Patience is the true challenge.