Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Factoring problem

Thread: Factoring problem

Factoring problem

Ok, I missed a math class the other day due to work. We started covering factoring that night, and I am paying for it now. I am having the hardest time trying to figure out the book here. Anyway, the problem is 12t^2-11t+2. As far as I can tell there is no solution to it. ANY help appreciated... :-\

Advisor

Re:Factoring problem

The roots are: 2/3 and 1/4
    The formulas to calculate this for a polynomie like:
    A*t^2+B*t+c
    is:
    (-B+sqrt(B^2-4*A*C))/2*A
    and
    (-B-sqrt(B^2-4*A*C))/2*A

dood...i was gonna try to help you...i remember once having been good at math...but yeah...that stuff is far beyond my comprehension. i'm glad there are some smart people on here though lol...how are things down there dood? warm? seen my wife anytime lately?

No I havent seen her in a few weeks. She was pretty round last time I did see her though.When is she due again? Its nice down here, been about 75-80 all week. I got a nice suntan on saturday. ;D

she's due in 11 days man...i'm going crazy...must...go...home...
    must...see...wife...

man...75-80? we've all been freezing out balls off up here, of course. Still snows every couple weeks. I am not enjoying this weather at all...why would God make a place like this?? Y'know...Dante claimed that the deepest circle of hell was bone-chilling cold. I think i found it here at Great Mistakes lol. anyways man...i'm in class so i'm gonna go...i'll get on ICQ later...if you aren't on, i'll give you a call after 7

You forget I lived there for a year. I know exactly what your talking about.

i drove by great mistakes a few weeks ago ah - memories

[quote author=Badkarma link=board=14;threadid=8876;start=0#msg80139 date=1079708925]
    she's due in 11 days man...i'm going crazy...must...go...home...
    must...see...wife...

man...75-80? we've all been freezing out balls off up here, of course. Still snows every couple weeks. I am not enjoying this weather at all...why would God make a place like this?? Y'know...Dante claimed that the deepest circle of hell was bone-chilling cold. I think i found it here at Great Mistakes lol. anyways man...i'm in class so i'm gonna go...i'll get on ICQ later...if you aren't on, i'll give you a call after 7

[/quote]

This should make you happy...8)
    http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/...st?query=39553

[quote author=Mountainman link=board=14;threadid=8876;start=0#msg80132 date=1079697955]
    Ok, I missed a math class the other day due to work. We started covering factoring that night, and I am paying for it now. I am having the hardest time trying to figure out the book here. Anyway, the problem is 12t^2-11t+2. As far as I can tell there is no solution to it. ANY help appreciated... :-\
    [/quote]

(4t-1)(3t-2)