Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Gnome 2.6 Preview

Thread: Gnome 2.6 Preview

Gnome 2.6 Preview

Re:Gnome 2.6 Preview

the graphics are horrible.

is it just me or are is the difference between gnome 2.4 and 2.6 somewhat minimal?

i've been using 2.4 ever since FC1 came out, and recently i gave FC2test1 a shot (which had Gnome 2.5.whatever) and i really didn't notice a lot of difference...

[quote author=Ralinx link=board=6;threadid=8822;start=0#msg80100 date=1079639072]
    is it just me or are is the difference between gnome 2.4 and 2.6 somewhat minimal?

i've been using 2.4 ever since FC1 came out, and recently i gave FC2test1 a shot (which had Gnome 2.5.whatever) and i really didn't notice a lot of difference...
    [/quote]

Evolution not revolution man

also there are a lot of changes, nautilus and gnome-vfs have changed dramatically fx. but it mostly backend work leading to the d-bus and other good stuff merge in 2.8.

yea about those nautilus changes... i know it's now a spatial file manager and i really didn't like it... i know that there's a gconf setting which allows nautilus to be used in browse mode like the current version works but the author of nautilus seems to be reluctant to even make it a real option (configurable in the GUI)

i really think that's a wrong attitude, but then again i prefer mc for my file management