Thread: Ever have one of those nights..

Ever have one of those nights..

..When you cant sleep because all you can think about is..a certain girl?

This girl, one I have liked for a while, yet for some reason, i dont have the balls to ask her out...again. Sorta a long story, but last year she said she liked me, and at the time, i hardly knew her and hadn't yet decided, but i thought it was worth a shot and asked her out. she said she had too much going on in her life -- she was bouncing between gay and straight. though i probobly shouldn't include that. things were going well since then, i felt we were getting pretty close. and then she overheard me making a gay joke -- just my friend and i being stupid..but to put it mildly, it was two months before she talked to me again. I never made another gay joke. I felt so bad. Well lately we have been talking again, and it sounds like she wants a guy that is after her, not getting laid by her. *points to self about that one* though..after what happened, i doubt she is even remotly interested in me..yet she still does little things i consider flirting, and she smiles at me quite a bit lately..iduno..

Anyways, my friends basically said that i should just forget about her, that ill just end up hurt /again/...but i just cant stop thinking about her...and tonight i cant sleep because of it..sorry if this is an annoying post, but i just had to type it somewhere..

Good Guru

Re:Ever have one of those nights..

Yeap, been there, done that.

Believe me, if you ever NOT wanted to regret that you should have done something, then this is it. How are you ever going to know what she wants unless you ask for it?

Kind Mastermind

Have you seen Chasing Amy? Interesting film with similar parallels to your situation (kinda). Not an easy situation to be involved in. Watch Chasing Amy, think about where the relationship might go in the future, and if your okay with it all, then open up some kind of dialog with her. Try being her friend first and then see if the sparks that you felt between you two last year starts firing up again.

Cheers

[quote author=stryder144 link=board=14;threadid=8808;start=0#msg79523 date=1078571295]
    Have you seen Chasing Amy? Interesting film with similar parallels to your situation (kinda). Not an easy situation to be involved in. Watch Chasing Amy, think about where the relationship might go in the future, and if your okay with it all, then open up some kind of dialog with her. Try being her friend first and then see if the sparks that you felt between you two last year starts firing up again.

Cheers
    [/quote]

i should have mentioned, we are all ready friends, we get along quite well most of the time.

Also, what do I say? I dont even remember what i said when i asked my last g/f out..but that was over a year ago now.

Good Guru

[quote author=Dusk_Knight link=board=14;threadid=8808;start=0#msg79531 date=1078588554]
    Also, what do I say?[/quote]
    All you have to say is " what would you say if I ask you out on a date?" ;D

You don't even need to start it with a "date" or "going out" or anything.
    Ask her to a movie, get in line before her and ask for 2 tickets not one, she'll get mad at you for paying (but not really). Have fun, do what's natural, and if you decide that you don't want a relationship with her then you haven't commited to that yet, if you decide you do and then it's a piece of cake (cept you'll be hella nervous, but a good kind of nervous). Tickle/poke/pinch her hand, if she does the same to you (and it feels natural!) go for holding it. Unfortunally the same doesn't really work with lips...

Relax, have fun, don't worry about any other factors like what friends say, it's just about you and her.

The other problem is. There is this other girl im starting to have feelings for. Michaela. I am not sure which one I should go for...I just know Michaela and I have a lot of fun together, and I think thats crucial for a relationship...Molly just isnt talkative enough. They both have advantages and disadvantages, maybe i should give it some time?

Man, if you want my advice, fun is the most important thing you can have if you're looking for any more than a few week fling. Fun, and respect. If you have those two, that's all you need

[quote author=Tyr_7BE link=board=14;threadid=8808;start=0#msg79558 date=1078614236]
    Man, if you want my advice, fun is the most important thing you can have if you're looking for any more than a few week fling. Fun, and respect. If you have those two, that's all you need
    [/quote]

Molly is fun, but in different ways. Michaela and I have many of the same hobbies, and listen to the same music (Molly listens to classic rock, and i listen to metal with the occasional classic rock song)

Good Guru

Sometime though, if you do EVERYTHING together, you learn nothing new and you could get bore pretty quick.