Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Creative Audigy 2

Thread: Creative Audigy 2

Mentor

Creative Audigy 2

I've done a bit of reading and from what I can tell this card is supported, I was just wondering if anyone out there has used one. I am looking at buying one, but I really want it so I can use 5.1 channel surround, and if that doesn't work with the linux drivers then there really isn't any point in my buying it. So if anyone here has an internal Audigy 2, then please let me know how you find it.
    Cheers
    CP

Associate

Re:Creative Audigy 2

I went to my best friend GOOGLE and found this site
    http://www2.shopping.com/xPR-Creativ...D-106189065860 . Accoding to the review, the person was unable to boot Linux 9.1. You might want to read this review before you fully invest the money.

Mentor

I have read quite a few reviews, if you actually read my post you would have seen that, and it is supported. What I am wondering is has anyone here used one? And how well the 5.1 surround sound works?
    Cheers
    CP

Good Guru

I friend of mine has one and 5.1 IS NOT supported although normal channel of sound does work great. He is using RH 8.0 ( the last time I've talked to him ). I don't know how well RH 9.0 or updated distros might support but if any of my knowledge about Linux sound is concerned, it's not yet supported.

Mentor

I put it on hold as my monitor died so I had to buy a new one. But I'm currently borrowing a freinds SBLive 5.1 and the 5.1 seems to work. The only problem is the crossover is too high for the sub, but thats not major.
    CP

Mentor

OK, about 6 months later, this is crossing my mind again. I cant find any new info on it. So who has got an Audigy and how well does it work. I dont really need one, but who cares

If anyone has any personal experience with one of these cards please let me know how you find it. I am looking at the Internal Audigy 2 ZS. It is the 7.1 channel card with optical out, just so I can use the fancy 5.1 function on my amp