Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Source (watch out)

Thread: Source (watch out)

Associate

Source (watch out)

Watch out with source - basically it does the same as sh: execute a file that doesn't necessarily have the execute flag. I'm saying this because I killed my LFS system after running 'source .bash_history'. i used tab completion and had my .bash_profile in another dir than I thought. And I was root (though that wasn't a mistake).
    It rendered my system unusable...
    Sam

I have never in fact used source before. I had to drop to the man page to find out what it was supposed to do. Interesting, I don't think I would ever use this.
    jro -
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Linux counter#:213782
    GnuPG ID: 406238E7

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha Thats awesome. Not that it happened to you, but that it happened in general.

I'd hate to think of what would happen if I ran my bash_history file....

Advisor
    Quote Originally Posted by jro";p="4156
    I have never in fact used source before. I had to drop to the man page to find out what it was supposed to do. Interesting, I don't think I would ever use this.
    it's useful in scripts for "including" other files.