Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How do i trace and send a signal??

Re:How do i trace and send a signal??

[quote author=dsantamassino link=board=14;threadid=8770;start=0#msg79266 date=1078100223]
    My IP does change every time i connect if that helps. Thanks.
    [/quote]
    He is talking about the other person's IP address. If the other person has a dinamic IP address (most ptobably), then only his Internet Service Provider knows who had that specific IP at that specific point in time.

That is the reason the RIAA is suing unknown people know (John Doe's); they know the IP address of the offending people, but not who the person is.

Hi trickster,

How can i find out the person real IP address?? There IP address for thier ISP when they signed up to get thier ISP. How can i get that IP address??

I received e-mail from VisualRoute. I'm going to copy and paste it below. Will you or someone else tells me what it means and how to fix the error?? Thanks.

Hello,

That message indicates that data was being lost and/or blocked at some
    point between your system and the IP address you want to trace.
    Connectivity problems have many possible causes, including firewall
    settings, downed routers, network congestion, etc.

You can see more detailed information by selecting the
    Options/Preferences/'advanced settings' option.

Regards,
    Julie Lancaster

Visualware Inc. - Internet Security and Performance Tools
    www.visualware.com

[quote author=dsantamassino link=board=14;threadid=8770;start=0#msg79279 date=1078154229]
    How can i find out the person real IP address?? There IP address for thier ISP when they signed up to get thier ISP. How can i get that IP address??
    [/quote]
    If the person sent you an email, it might be in the header (if they did not use a proxy.) I already told you this on ym first message.

Hello,

That message indicates that data was being lost and/or blocked at some
    point between your system and the IP address you want to trace.
    Connectivity problems have many possible causes, including firewall
    settings, downed routers, network congestion, etc.

You can see more detailed information by selecting the
    Options/Preferences/'advanced settings' option.

Regards,
    Julie Lancaster

Visualware Inc. - Internet Security and Performance Tools
    www.visualware.com
    That means there is a networking problem preventing communication between you and that particular IP address.
    Maybe that person has a firewall.

trcikster,

I sent you an PM when the details and asked you which one is the right IP address and you never replied back but i'm not going to make you reply back. If you want me to send you the details again just let me know.

Is there a way i can by pass the firewall so the trace on the IP will go through?? Thanks.

[quote author=dsantamassino link=board=14;threadid=8770;start=0#msg79281 date=1078155280]
    trcikster,
    I sent you an PM when the details and asked you which one is the right IP address and you never replied back but i'm not going to make you reply back. If you want me to send you the details again just let me know.[/quote]
    I'm sorry. At the moment, I did not had time to deal with it.
    You might want to go to Google and learn how to read email headers yourself.

Is there a way i can by pass the firewall so the trace on the IP will go through?? Thanks.
    A firewall is there to prevent access. If you could bypass it, it would not be of any use, would it?
    That said, If you spend time learning networking, you might learn how that firewall works. Make your own deductions. However, once again, like most things worth in life, that will take a lot of time and effort.

How is this site?? I found it on google took me less then 5........

http://www.stopspam.org/email/headers.html

[quote author=dsantamassino link=board=14;threadid=8770;start=0#msg79283 date=1078156603]
    How is this site?? I found it on google took me less then 5........

http://www.stopspam.org/email/headers.html
    [/quote]
    That's probably what you are looking for. I hope it answers your questions.

trickster,

I have a question for you. I took a snapshot of my trace when i got the error. How do i upload it here so you guys know what to look for on helping me?? Or the other option is i e-mail it to you and you could upload it for me?? It might be better if you upload it. Thanks.

Actually i was thinking it would be better to e-mail it to you so you could block out the IP address for security.

[quote author=dsantamassino link=board=14;threadid=8770;start=0#msg79287 date=1078159510]
    Actually i was thinking it would be better to e-mail it to you so you could block out the IP address for security.
    [/quote]
    I'm sorry. I don't have time for that.

You already posted the error. You already asked the company for support, and we already answered what we know. Let me add that, since most people here are linux users, they probably don't use that software anyway.

Bottom line is there is something blocking the trace, and there is nothing you can do from your computer to avoid that.