Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How do i trace and send a signal??

How do i trace and send a signal??

Hi everyone, Really important question. How do i trace e-mail and send a singal to the user computer?? Is there any free software for this?? I rather do the trace myself instead of someone doing it for me. Any help here?? Thanx.

Re:How do i trace and send a signal??

What do you mean, trace an email/trace a signal?

If you mean get a message or data from when a user reads an email you send, you can only do that by attaching a program to the email, usually a virus. This is illegal (sending viruses.)

If you are using corporate email (email inside an organization, some software (like Microsoft Outlook) allow email receipts. This only tell you if the email was read or not. No more info. As far as I know, this only works in corporate environments.

I'm try my best to explain it. Know how cops trace?? Exactly the same way but for free i want it. I want all the info from the user to see who they really are and if i have i report it. Any help with this Trickster??

[quote author=dsantamassino link=board=14;threadid=8770;start=0#msg79190 date=1077922259]
    I'm try my best to explain it. Know how cops trace?? Exactly the same way but for free i want it. I want all the info from the user to see who they really are and if i have i report it. Any help with this Trickster??
    [/quote]

http://stopcarnivore.org/what_is_carnivore.htm

As you can see, unless you can use the ISP's servers to gather information, you can't do it.

The most you can do is check the header of an em,ail for the IP address it originated from. If you can get the IP address from the email (and the IP is not just a proxy address), then you can find what company leased it and contact the company.

Here is the IP. I'm going to look at that link.

EDITED: Removed IP address for security.

http://visualroute.visualware.com/

That should tell you the area of origin and the provider. from there, you have to contact the ISP that leased that IP address and explain them why that email is evil and why it was sent by an evil person.

I have been trying to play around with EmailTrackerPro and when i start it up it comes up as a map but i can't get it to do a trace. I even read over the tutorial on it and i still can't get it to trace.

Try their website or thier tech support.

Ok.. I'm downloading VisualRoute. The one that have on their site..