I F---ing HATE Windows...

I have a Dell Inspiron 7500 running XP. I have a Xircom RealPort CardBus Ethernet 10/100+Modem 56 network/modem PCMCIA card. NEVER had trouble in the past. Ever since I reinstalled Windows XP I can't connect to the internet using the a LAN. It worked FINE before I re-installed Windows about 2 mos. ago...

The connection is present, and the computer and the router are communicating, but when I try to access the internet, it "detects proxy setting" for about 1 second then tries to dial up using the modem. In the lower right hand corner of the screen the little network connection icon is present and when I mouse over it, it says "Network Connection 100.0 Mbps"

When I had Fedora up and running (about two weeks ago) I was able to use the LAN, and the modem works fine, so I KNOW this is a windows XP thing, not the hardware. Any suggestions. I'm pulling my freakin hair out here. This is driving my f---ing NUTZ!!!! > > >

PS- The LAN L.E.D. is lit up, and when I first connec the network cable the "LAN Activity" light blinks for a while as it connects to the router but then goes dead...