Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Network Adapter --CLUELESS

Thread: Network Adapter --CLUELESS

Network Adapter --CLUELESS

Hi,

On my new linux box I am using an MSI KM4M series motherboard with an athlon processor.

The motherboard has an integral ethernet adapter, and I have no idea it is supported.

In an attempt to prove it, I have tried to connect the cable modem through it instead of using the USB port (which works fine now).

I think that I need to install a module for this, but just don't know where to go from here.

Control Centre>information>PCI appears to recognise the hardware, displaying it as a VIA technologies VT1602 ethernet controller.

Does that mean that it is installed/supported??????

Any help appreciated.

REgards,

Dwain

Re:Network Adapter --CLUELESS

If it is showing there, it should be working.

I am not sure what is the nature of your problem:

Is it that you don't know if it is supported, or that you cannot get a connection?

It doesn't appear to be working - so I am wondering if there is a driver module missing for it - my guess was that it could tell there was hardware there but had no driver module for it. I was therefore asuming that I needed to download a module - but when i went looking couldnt find one.

do a
    cd /usr/src/linux; make menuconfig;
    and see if there's an official module

via-rhine is the module you want.

root@c211-30-183-131 notroot]# cd /usr/src/linux
    bash: cd: /usr/src/linux: No such file or directory
    [root@c211-30-183-131 notroot]#

That one didn't work.

[root@c211-30-183-131 notroot]# whatis via*
    vi [nex] (1) - text editors
    vi [nvi] (1) - text editors
    vi [nview] (1) - text editors
    via (4x) - VIA video driver

PB does this confirm that it's not there and needs to be installed?

what does modprobe -l | grep rhine return?

did you install the kernel source?