Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Do you think?

Thread: Do you think?

Do you think?

Please explain.

Re:Have you think?

I have no reason to think there might be.

i dont think there is, but i think its a possibility, companies used to do stuff like that on the tv all the time. And wow, the topic was supposed to be "do you think" i really screwed that one up...

Good Guru

Re:Do you think?

Yes, just like all companies. Its called marketing.

[quote author=Dusk_Knight link=board=14;threadid=8743;start=0#msg79000 date=1077479310]
    i dont think there is, but i think its a possibility, companies used to do stuff like that on the tv all the time.
    [/quote]

Once such group did a test, they publicy said they were doing subliminal messages and to call this number and tell them what the message was. After many calls of "buy pop" or something like that, no one got the actual message.

Subliminal messages don't influence you, because they aren't processed on that left. If you kept seeing pictures of blood, then saw a picture of a sleeping dog you might think it's dead, but if you kept seeing pictures of Coke it would not make you want to drink a Coke.

subliminal messages in a traditional sense? nah... but marketing I agree is a form of it in some manner. In that it appeals to us on more levels than we may be aware of.

they dont need the messages, in reality people pay for m$ products rather they like it or not. Almost any x86 based computer you -buy- comes pre-loaded with windows. I hate it.

Wasn't there something about getting a refund for not using the windows that comes with the pc?

[quote author=countach44 link=board=14;threadid=8743;start=0#msg79023 date=1077495647]
    Wasn't there something about getting a refund for not using the windows that comes with the pc?
    [/quote]

yes, its in the EULA. However, most people dont know about it. and M$ and PC manufacturers wont flat out say it.

why should Microsoft and PC manufacturers have to say it? They may be somewhat monopolizing but still, I don't think there's anything that says they have to state you have alternatives. That's up to you to find out. Or perhaps the others out there should start pointing it out themselves. After all, they're the ones that'll benefit from it, right?