Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Approval Rating

Re:Approval Rating

Well, they cant "create" jobs, they can only change stuff so that its easier for companies to be started. Ever hear of the Jobz program? It nullifies certain taxes for companies. One of my dad's companies is a member of that.

And the economy is comming back up check the S&P 500, Dow, and Nasdaq

Well, none of them are perfect, recessions do happen, and no one man can do anything about it. And no one man can cause it, or take any blame when it goes either way. The economy reflects this country as a whole, when people get scared, they stop investing (investing can be buying a product, or buying stock, anything). And with my dad's other company, when the economy was pretty bad, he was looking to hire, and even though there was a fairly high unemployment rate, he was still having problems getting people to apply. He adventually got people when a near by company had to close that branch and even then it wasnt for a month or two afterwords.

[quote author=Dusk_Knight link=board=14;threadid=8722;start=0#msg78969 date=1077426153]
    Well, they cant "create" jobs, they can only change stuff so that its easier for companies to be started. Ever hear of the Jobz program? It nullifies certain taxes for companies. One of my dad's companies is a member of that.

And the economy is comming back up check the S&P 500, Dow, and Nasdaq

Well, none of them are perfect, recessions do happen, and no one man can do anything about it. And no one man can cause it, or take any blame when it goes either way. The economy reflects this country as a whole, when people get scared, they stop investing (investing can be buying a product, or buying stock, anything). And with my dad's other company, when the economy was pretty bad, he was looking to hire, and even though there was a fairly high unemployment rate, he was still having problems getting people to apply. He adventually got people when a near by company had to close that branch and even then it wasnt for a month or two afterwords.
    [/quote]
    I'm sorry; those charts mean nothing to me, since I know nothing of investments and market shares and stuff. I just know what surrounds me: unemployment and growing restlesness; people saying that the economy is getting better, yet no real sign of it.
    It is true that he cannot "create jobs." However, his tries to make better grounds for these jobs to flourish do not seem to work. At all. More so, many reports have accused him of playing special interests for companies; decisions that do not help the average joe.

Another reason I won't vote for him is this.

basics on charts: as it moves from left to right, if its going upwords its good, downwords its bad.

And the economy is not back to where it was, but it is getting better. Some areas more then others.

And as for reading that article, I only read a little bit of the one on wired, and it did seem wrong, but not wrong enough to sway my vote.

What really boggles my mind is how can the same people that said to dissmis clinton's fucking a girl other then his wife, and then lying about it not only to her, but to the whole country.

Let me put it this way, presidents are people too. They make mistakes, every. single. one. of. them.

ah those charts really get my goat. when the stocks were going high in 90's greenspan called it irrational exhuberance.

[quote author=Dusk_Knight link=board=14;threadid=8722;start=0#msg78973 date=1077427219]
    basics on charts: as it moves from left to right, if its going upwords its good, downwords its bad.

And the economy is not back to where it was, but it is getting better. Some areas more then others.

And as for reading that article, I only read a little bit of the one on wired, and it did seem wrong, but not wrong enough to sway my vote.

What really boggles my mind is how can the same people that said to dissmis clinton's fucking a girl other then his wife, and then lying about it not only to her, but to the whole country.

Let me put it this way, presidents are people too. They make mistakes, every. single. one. of. them.
    [/quote]
    Problem is, Clinton's lies did not affect anyone, except for public outrage. No one would die for lead poisoning or numerous other causes because of Clinton's lies.

Look at it this way

If clinton lied about that, was that all he lied about? What was he hiding? How do we know? How can we trust him?

And, saying that, I have a feeling your going to bring up Bush's "Lies". Like the one where he claimed Iraq had WMDs, which let me put it this way, the intellegence agencies gave him information, he repeated the information to us, was that a lie?

He also said that if they did find a WMD, it would be in multiple, probobly harmless, parts that once mixed together, would be deadly, which we did find, but that wasn't enough for anybody. People wanted stuff that was already mixed. They did find trucks capable of mixing that stuff on the fly too. If your wondering what we found, it was drums of a certain pesticide they would not need over in that area, but since it wasnt deadly to us untill mixed with something else, a pretty common thing. That was not good enough for the world.

The thing is, if anybody does anything wrong in this world, it seems like people say we should have been the "world's police" and took care of them before it happened. When we take care of things trying to prevent things from happening, we piss everybody off for being the world's police. It's really annoying.

I hate polotics.

Did Bush get elected truthfully and fairly this term?

Florida comes to mind! 50 states and his brother's state gives him the election...something to make you go, "hmmm"!

The USA shouldn't be the world's police, the UN or some other world org. should be!

[quote author=Dusk_Knight link=board=14;threadid=8722;start=0#msg78978 date=1077430624]
    Look at it this way

If clinton lied about that, was that all he lied about? What was he hiding? How do we know? How can we trust him?[/quote]

Everyone lies at some point or another. Absolutely everyone. Trust is laid upon the people who don't lie on the important things. that said, I am not saying Clinton did not lie on the important things. I am saying no one ever produced evidence or even claimed he lied on nation-important matters, so at least he deserves the benefit of the doubt.

And, saying that, I have a feeling your going to bring up Bush's "Lies". Like the one where he claimed Iraq had WMDs, which let me put it this way, the intellegence agencies gave him information, he repeated the information to us, was that a lie?
    I was not going to bring that up at all, because as I said in my previous post, it goes beyond the scope of this thread.

However, he has a responsability to the people. He claimed he was just repeating what Intelligence told him, regarding WMD. If you look at my previous links, he also said he was repeating what his economic advisors said about the jobs. Although neither of them was his research, it is still his responsability. You cannot downplay every error by blaming it on your underlings; less so if 300 million people depend on you. He was put there to take care of the nation, Intelligence and the bean counters were not. If his job were to only repeat what they said, what need do we have of him? you might as well put a marionette there and have all the staff talk through it.

Fact: The stock market started failing the day it was decided that Bush was going to be the president, in fact it dropped 15 points that very day.

Fact: Conservative and open friends of Bush have openly admitted to funding Al Sharpton's campaign in order to "stir things up". This is outrageous.

Fact: Bush pulled the cord on multiple social programs that were created during the Clinton Administration. This not only meant loss of jobs for people that thought they were giving back to the community, but this also meant that you had a lot of youth with nothing to do after school. What do you think theyre doing now?

Fact: Leave no Child Behind has left children behind the curve, especially since the program is under funded. But the 87 Billion to Iraq will not see that same misstep. Leave No Billionare behind is working with perfection (joke, kinda)

Fact: VP Cheney used to work for Haliburton, Rice used to work for Citgo, is this not odd?

Fact: His own aides (not just Paul Oneil) have reportedly said on record that he was intent on acting against Iraq since DAY ONE.

Do not allow yourselves to get mixed up in this liberal vs conservative hoopla that you see about. All that does is serve as a distraction to the most important issues of our time. Our national policy is a unpatched Windows server with a default install, our education programs are among the worst of civilized nations, our companies are morally corrupt, yet they dont worry about action from our government, social security is b0rked, as well as our health plans.

Its getting out of control.

Clinton lied to protect his marriage, you would do it too. Bush lied to pad his pockets and his pockets of his administration, you would do it too. The difference is, these cats are the leaders of a country. It makes it that much more crucial. People are dying.

Fact: all the charts ive looked at show the economy stopped going up while clinton was in office, and stayed kinda level

Fact: it did not actually go down untill about september 2000

I wonder why it was going down and it was his fault, its going back up and it has nothing to do with him. :

anyways, im out of this debate.