Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Free webhosting... BAH!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Free webhosting... BAH!

Free webhosting... BAH!

You know when something seems to be too good to be true, it probably isn't true. Well... I've noticed when it is true, it'll go belly up at some point. :'(

I'm talking about webhosting. If it's 100% ad-free, lets you use your own domain, has a generous amount of bandwidth, etc etc and is free, you know something just doesn't sum up. And the something is money. And when the web host runs out of this particular something, it'll say bye-bye, go belly up, and send your website into the cyberheaven.

Well, anyone know of a free webhost that lets you use your own domain (that is NOT registered through them) and has at least 2 G bandwidth per month? I'll even accept some sort of ads, too... And if I'm asking too much, I'll do with 1 G... the 2 G won't be needed before all the lost visitors come back. *sigh*

I'd even pay for a cheap host, but all the Finnish hosts are expensive, and if the host isn't Finnish, I won't be able to pay them since I don't have a credit card. Or can you pay with some other method?

Oh well...

[me=NGene]walks into a corner and continues desperate crying[/me]

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Re:Free webhosting... BAH!

www.50free.com is pretty good, but not as good as you're looking for.

It'd be perfect if it had a bit more transfer.

Well, I've probably lost so many links and visitors during the time my site was down that maybe I'd do with 500 MB for a while.

You can try http://www.netfirms.com, it offers free webhosting with one small ad at top of page or you can pay $60 per year for no ads.

I think it still works that way.

You should have asked me a month ago, I would have directed you to 1and1.com, but it's too late now. They were offering a promotional 3 years free setup with 5GB/month and several hundred mb, on linux servers.. Not sure where the free is now though.

[quote author=vvx link=board=14;threadid=8719;start=0#msg78785 date=1077168446]
    You should have asked me a month ago, I would have directed you to 1and1.com, but it's too late now. They were offering a promotional 3 years free setup with 5GB/month and several hundred mb, on linux servers.. Not sure where the free is now though.
    [/quote]That was only for the US. They've been in operation in the EU for some time and the promotion didn't apply.

wow..its pretty rare..but if you ask the right questions, the Whizzard responds.

and the 1and1 deal is over. I nabbed an account, but I'm not using it for anything yet..hopefully I can change my email because that one is no longer active.

Mentor

I'd take a look at phpwebhosting. it's only 9.95 a month. i've never had a problem with it.

you usually get what you pay for and if it's free ................ :-\ cant complain too much.

phpwebhosting is great, if you have a credit card or can get a check from the united states...

Plaaaaah... Even the free plan with netfirms requires a credit card! > :'(