I no longer consider this a distribution problem so I am migrating it to the Technical support forum:

I was able to successfull create a new partition for a third operating system. I was determined to get SuSE 9 Pro installed on my machine, but not totally willing to give up all the progress I made in Fedor Core with the help of many of you.

After some initial trouble, I was able to install SuSE successfully. Windows is still operational as well, but unfortunately, in the process I fear I may have lost Fedora Core. The partition is still there, and in installing SuSE in YaST, instructed the installer to format the new partition I had created. It also wanted to format the existing Linux Swap partition so I let it.

Now, I can boot windows and I can boot the new SuSE intall, but I can't boot the old Fedora Core install. I tried using the Fedorca Core install disk to rescue boot but that didn't work. Somthing about no kernel. I tried using the boot disk I had created in Fedora, which I had used many times before getting grub up and running a few weeks ago.. But I got the kernel panic message. No init. etc....

So. Couple things:

Any chance of rescuing the Fedor Core install?

In SuSE, I can't even so much as figure out how to connect to the internet. And I get lost VERY quickly in KDE. How do I set up my dialup in SuSE?

If my Fedora Core install is indeed lost for good, can I allocate the space from that partition into the SuSE partition? If so, how?

Am I aksing too many questions and taking advantage of the good natured help you have all provided me over the last month? If so, flame me and make it known on my Karma, which I see has been dipping lately, so I assume I am probably irritating at least a few of you...

You are all kind and may the Gods be with you... Thankee Sai....

-John of Giliad....