Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Paradigm Shift

Re:Paradigm Shift

cga,
    I have to give you credit, this is one of the best intellectual conversations I have been in on in a long time. Its hard to soar like and eagle when you work with turkeys. Im not disagreeing with you, Im stating why most countries/governments wont adopt it.

10ded

[quote author=10Dedfish link=board=14;threadid=8691;start=0#msg78580 date=1076897666]
    cga,
    I have to give you credit, this is one of the best intellectual conversations I have been in on in a long time. Its hard to soar like and eagle when you work with turkeys. Im not disagreeing with you, Im stating why most countries/governments wont adopt it.

10ded
    [/quote]

Thanks.

And yes, I doubt that it will happen anytime soon, especially here in the US and as long as the oil industry has their puppet in the White House.

I have read studies that show that we could build wind farms in Kansas, Nebraska and South Dakota and the amount of power produced would be three times what the US consumes in a year. Simply amazing, yet nothing is ever done about it.

Kind Mastermind

[quote author=cga link=board=14;threadid=8691;start=0#msg78648 date=1076981212]
    I have read studies that show that we could build wind farms in Kansas, Nebraska and South Dakota and the amount of power produced would be three times what the US consumes in a year. Simply amazing, yet nothing is ever done about it.
    [/quote]

Having just got back from a month long trip to South Dakota, I can attest to the awesome potential of wind as a power source. It sure would be nice to put that kind of power to use. Of course, if we could harness all of the hot air that is eminating from Washington D.C., we would solve all of the energy problems for years to come.

Cheers