Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Web Question

Thread: Web Question

Web Question

I have a friend who has is entire website pogrammed in .asp, he wants to transfer his site on a linux server. I'm not sure what distro the server is using or what program he used to code the website at this time. Will there be any problems?

The pros & cons.

Thnx.

Re:Web Question

Apache can parse asp
    Theres also an asp to php application

Thnx for the quick reply. Would you mind explaining the answer in more details. I have no idea what it means.

Apache::ASP provides an Active Server Pages port to the Apache Web Server with Perl scripting only, and enables developing of dynamic web applications with session management and embedded Perl code. There are also many powerful extensions, including XML taglibs, XSLT rendering, and new events not originally part of the ASP API, basically saying that you can view asp pages with perl code on your Linux box using the Apache webserver with that module.

If all of the ASP page content cannot be processed or parsed, then I would suggest checking out asp2php which can be found at http://asp2php.naken.cc/download.php.

Thanks, it makes better sense to me now! ;D

Happy Hacking
    Any more questions? Feel free to IM