Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

errors using Outlook Express to send e-mail

Thread: errors using Outlook Express to send e-mail

errors using Outlook Express to send e-mail

Hi everyone.

I'm using Outlook Express that comes with XP and i'm using it by default e-mail. This is exactly how i have it setup i give some of the most important information. Go to the Tools tab-->Accounts--> double click on pop.earthlink.net. For the name i would like to be refered to my server is pop.earthlink.net that's under the General tab. Under the server tab is: Incoming mail (POP3): pop.earthlink.net
    Outgoing mail (SMTP): smtp.earthlink.net

This is the error i get when checking mail to receive as followed:

The host 'smtp.earthlink.nett' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Account: 'pop.earthlink.net', Server: 'smtp.earthlink.nett', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11004, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D

This is the error when sending as followed:

The host 'smtp.earthlink.nett' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Account: 'pop.earthlink.net', Server: 'smtp.earthlink.nett', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11004, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D

They are both the same errors so there has to be something wrong with the outgoing mail not to much the incoming. Am i correct on that?? If not say something. Does anyone know about mail servers??

P.S. Who ever doesn't want to help me mark the topic read and don't reply. Just a side note.

Thanx guys and have fun.

Re:errors using Outlook Express to send e-mail

have you called earthlink ??? i'm sure they would help you, cause thats what their paid to do

They are both the same errors so there has to be something wrong with the outgoing mail not to much the incoming. Am i correct on that?? If not say something. Does anyone know about mail servers??

Have you noticed that for both smtp.earthlink.net entries it has 2 "t"s on the end of net. Is this a cut and paste or a manual entry problem?

10ded

Thanx. I fix that. When setting up Outlook i made a typo. And yes i copy/paste my errors here.

Have you tried mail.earthlink.net for both sending and receiving?

Just so i can get this right, that fixed your problem. Correct?

Yeah that is correct.