Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

OS X and changing samba passwords

Thread: OS X and changing samba passwords

OS X and changing samba passwords

Under OS X, how can a user change a samba password for the server they are connecting to?

We use Novell here at work, and I've got a Linux box setup connecting to those shares using IPX, mounting them in a subdirectory of the users ~/ (~/novell/server1 ). OS X users need to connect to their ~ directory using samba. Once I set them up with a temp password (changeme), how can they change it? These are graphics artist type people, so ssh'ing in and using smbpasswd isn't an option...

Re:OS X and changing samba passwords

So the Linux box is a client to the novell server and a server to the OSX boxes providing them access to the novell shares? Why? Can't the mac guys connect to novell directly?

Anyway. How about setting up swat on the linux box. I think there is no point-n-click tool for OSX available so changing the passwords through a webpage seems the next best thing.

Re:OS X and changing samba passwords

Yeah, we still are IPX only for our novell stuff... funny thing is, this is the way the webserver is setup as well. Works great.

Looks like I'll have to write some shell scripts using ssh to call smbpasswd or something then... thanks!