Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lovechild.

Re:Lovechild.

Lovechild,

Can you make that picture smaller?

pretty funny picture, though id say if theres a problem with it just resize it *shrug* i wont comment on the political aspect of it though, thats best for off-topic forum. :

Good Guru

I don't know about what's true or what's false about LC's sig on Bush and I could care less. But my point is that you can say just about anything if you want as long as it's not prohibited by user agreement.

If you don't like someone else's comment, just don't read it. Does anybody really think anything you say on the NET is true mainly? :

[quote author=Compunuts link=board=21;threadid=8623;start=0#msg77944 date=1075781379]
    I don't know about what's true or what's false about LC's sig on Bush and I could care less. But my point is that you can say just about anything if you want as long as it's not prohibited by user agreement.

If you don't like someone else's comment, just don't read it. Does anybody really think anything you say on the NET is true mainly? :
    [/quote]

its hard to ignore a large picture that is there with every post though.

and it does violate the user agreement IMO

Good Guru

[quote author=Dusk_Knight link=board=21;threadid=8623;start=0#msg77853 date=1075690848]
    Dude,
    can you please take that image out of your signature?
    A. your not an American, so why are you ripping on our president?
    B. I think Bush has more valid points then you realize, he has done more for the country then most know about.
    C. its huge (pixelwise) and ugly to look at
    and
    D. what if i were to make a mockery of YOUR country's leader?
    E. it isnt relevent to linux anyways, Cloverm did create an off-topic forum for things like that that can be found here: http://www.linuxjunior.org/yabb2/index.php

If it was text I probobly wouldnt care as much, because you are entitled to your oppinion, but the image drives me nuts, considering you probobly only have a fraction of the story as it is (you realize you cant trust the media on everything, right?)
    [/quote]

I agree completely.

But LC, keep it if you want. I am the last to censor. And would REALLY appreciate getting rid/resizing the damn thing. But still, I saw it as a joke (funny for 3 seconds, but funny) thought, it is irritating.

I didnt catch MM's sig, so I cant comment there. But, I am really getting tired of certain people getting censor crazy. I get the feeling that its fine for them to censor others that they disagree with, but the instant they get censored .. BAMMO . World War 3.

If someone has an overtly expressed view, talk to them directly (or like this parent poster did) in a civilized fashion. If they dont concede and make action, so what? There is no law that states they must agree. If someone ends up becoming an asshole, any forum I moderate in will be handles appropriately.

Argument is good. Discussion is good. I, too, thought the signature was funny. (See image at left) but I must say, the joke is getting old. I suggest Lovechild find a new, yet equally amusing (however, hopefully smaller as I have a slow connection) picture for his signature. I personally welcome any and all foreigners who dislike our administration to bash away. That's why we have free speech, right? Besides, Lovechild's president isn't preemptively attacking countries that have no WMD. Our's is.

I like this group. I like getting off topic of Linux. I think we should carry-on these types of discussions as long as we leave them out of the technical forums. Keep it civil... no PERSONAL attacks. That's what I say.

Smite away... I see I recently earned my first smite point... however I am curious what for......

:P

Lovechild's idiotic leader is not president but prime minister - Denmark is a royal kingdom. I helped elect the mother fucker, and I'm ashamed.

[quote author=Lovechild link=board=21;threadid=8623;start=0#msg78167 date=1076104646]
    Lovechild's idiotic leader is not president but prime minister - Denmark is a royal kingdom. I helped elect the mother fucker, and I'm ashamed.
    [/quote]

Lovechild, no offense, but you almost sound like an American! See, us war-mongering Americans have no right to critisize Lovechild.. ahem.. Prime Minister.. because I'm willing to bet most of us didn't even know Denmark had a prime minister. However, if Lovechild chooses to mock our president, while at the same time trashing his own elected leader.. I say CHEERS! If you would like, I would be happy to critisize your leader. You seem to be displeased.

Please send names and titles of all world leaders in need a good bashing, to....... :P

[quote author=Mountainman link=board=21;threadid=8623;start=0#msg77885 date=1075723072]
    [quote author=Compunuts link=board=21;threadid=8623;start=0#msg77884 date=1075712200]
    I will only agree with point C.

The rest, it's fine.

The person can express his/her own opinion even if

1. He is not a country's citizen or not.
    2. Critisization of someone doesn't depend on what he/she has done.
    3. Bush itself is an ugly dude. So is the picture of his.
    4. One can mock at anybody he/she wishes especially politicians.
    5. Signatures are signatures. It don't have to be Linux related.
    6. If the Forum admin wishes to prohibit using pictures in signatures, he can disable .jpg and .gif in forum software.

So, mind your own business.
    [/quote]

So based on the above I can do this...
    |
    |
    |
    V
    [/quote]

So what was in the signiture line that got yanked?

[quote author=Linux Looser link=board=21;threadid=8623;start=0#msg78171 date=1076105423]
    [quote author=Lovechild link=board=21;threadid=8623;start=0#msg78167 date=1076104646]
    [/quote]

Lovechild, no offense, but you almost sound like an American! See, us war-mongering Americans have no right to critisize Lovechild.. ahem.. Prime Minister.. because I'm willing to bet most of us didn't even know Denmark had a prime minister. However, if Lovechild chooses to mock our president, while at the same time trashing his own elected leader.. I say CHEERS! If you would like, I would be happy to critisize your leader. You seem to be displeased.

Please send names and titles of all world leaders in need a good bashing, to....... :P
    [/quote]

oh you are free to flame my leaders - I just wanted to inform the community that we do not have a president but a prime minister.