Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Lovechild.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lovechild.

Lovechild.

Dude,
    can you please take that image out of your signature?
    A. your not an American, so why are you ripping on our president?
    B. I think Bush has more valid points then you realize, he has done more for the country then most know about.
    C. its huge (pixelwise) and ugly to look at
    and
    D. what if i were to make a mockery of YOUR country's leader?
    E. it isnt relevent to linux anyways, Cloverm did create an off-topic forum for things like that that can be found here: http://www.linuxjunior.org/yabb2/index.php

If it was text I probobly wouldnt care as much, because you are entitled to your oppinion, but the image drives me nuts, considering you probobly only have a fraction of the story as it is (you realize you cant trust the media on everything, right?)

Good Guru

Re:Lovechild.

I will only agree with point C.

The rest, it's fine.

The person can express his/her own opinion even if

1. He is not a country's citizen or not.
    2. Critisization of someone doesn't depend on what he/she has done.
    3. Bush itself is an ugly dude. So is the picture of his.
    4. One can mock at anybody he/she wishes especially politicians.
    5. Signatures are signatures. It don't have to be Linux related.
    6. If the Forum admin wishes to prohibit using pictures in signatures, he can disable .jpg and .gif in forum software.

So, mind your own business.

[quote author=Compunuts link=board=21;threadid=8623;start=0#msg77884 date=1075712200]

The rest, it's fine.

6. If the Forum admin wishes to prohibit using pictures in signatures, he can disable .jpg and .gif in forum software.

[/quote]

So based on the above I can do this...
    |
    |
    |
    V

[quote author=Mountainman link=board=21;threadid=8623;start=0#msg77885 date=1075723072]
    [quote author=Compunuts link=board=21;threadid=8623;start=0#msg77884 date=1075712200]

The rest, it's fine.

[/quote]

So based on the above I can do this...
    |
    |
    |
    V
    [/quote]
    No you can't.
    Code:
    You agree, through your use of Linux Junior, that you will not post any material which is false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise in violation of ANY law.
    Your quote is harrasing. Please change it.
    LJR User Agreement

And people, please act as adults. If you are watching Saturday Night Live and they make fun of Bush, you change the channel if you don't like it.
    If you don't like the picture, use Mozilla to turn it off for this site.
    And keep in mind most come here just for having a good time, besides getting linux help. If you do things that you know are sure to piss people off, you are not contributing to a healthy LJR atmosphere.

The rest, it's fine.

[/quote]
    Well thats odd.

According to Compunuts:
    I can express my opinion.
    My criticizing is not dependent on basically anything.
    I can mock someone for being ugly
    I can mock anyone I wish especially politicians
    My sig is open to free speech.
    Oh yeah, and to mind my own business.

SO, I can use my sig to express everything Compunuts said, as long as I dont do anything covered anything in the user agreement, which is just about everything compunuts said.

You can keep the sig for all I care - I thought it was kinda funny.

[quote author=Mountainman link=board=21;threadid=8623;start=0#msg77895 date=1075736803]

The rest, it's fine.

[/quote]
    Well thats odd.

According to Compunuts:
    I can express my opinion.
    My criticizing is not dependent on basically anything.
    I can mock someone for being ugly
    I can mock anyone I wish especially politicians
    My sig is open to free speech.
    Oh yeah, and to mind my own business.

SO, I can use my sig to express everything Compunuts said, as long as I dont do anything covered anything in the user agreement, which is just about everything compunuts said.
    [/quote]
    That is true. However, even if it is not on the LJR agreement, is not conducive to a healthy atmosphere. I don't know if there is anything on the agreement about a healthy atmosphere, but it is something desirable.

[quote author=trickster link=board=21;threadid=8623;start=0#msg77888 date=1075727466]

Code:
    You agree, through your use of Linux Junior, that you will not post any material which is false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise in violation of ANY law.
    LJR User Agreement

And people, please act as adults. If you are watching Saturday Night Live and they make fun of Bush, you change the channel if you don't like it.
    And keep in mind most come here just for having a good time, besides getting linux help. If you do things that you know are sure to piss people off, you are not contributing to a healthy LJR atmosphere.

[/quote]

based on that, Lovechild's signature is violating the TOU. however, lovechild, I will stop complaining if you at least make it like half of its size.

[quote author=TeRG link=board=21;threadid=8623;start=0#msg77899 date=1075739597]
    [quote author=trickster link=board=21;threadid=8623;start=0#msg77888 date=1075727466]

Code:
    LJR User Agreement

[/quote]

based on that, Lovechild's signature is violating the TOU. however, lovechild, I will stop complaining if you at least make it like half of its size.
    [/quote]
    What part of that does it violate? I don't mean to be argumentative. Just I don't see it...
    I mean, besides false, of course. It is obviously false, I don't think anyone would really think Bush had the ring of power...

hatefull, inacurate, harrassing, and defaming mainly.