Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

SCO Goes to Washington in Linux Battle
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SCO Goes to Washington in Linux Battle

SCO Goes to Washington in Linux Battle

The SCO Group Inc. has found a new venue for its attacks on Linux and open-source software: Capitol Hill.

SCO earlier this month sent a letter to the 535 members of the U.S. House of Representatives and Senate from company President and CEO Darl McBride, raising concerns about open-source software and its General Public License (GPL), the company confirmed on Wednesday.
    http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,4149,1455175,00.asp

Re:SCO Goes to Washington in Linux Battle

great... let the republicans fuck us over as well...

[quote author=Lovechild link=board=13;threadid=8557;start=0#msg77336 date=1074818222]
    [/quote]

I am republican. if you dont like that, eat it.

its not because they are republican, its because they are jack-asses

I'm not a republican but I can tell you that most rupublicans including those in power could care less about Sco and their wants. Republicans tend to be pro buisness more than other parties, which generally means they are also againt things that hinder competition (which Sco is trying to do).

Republicans sure as heck are not perfect, but when it comes to buisness dealings they are ruthless. Just look what they did to Tyco and Enron.

Good Guru

[quote author=TeRG link=board=13;threadid=8557;start=0#msg77338 date=1074818505]
    [quote author=Lovechild link=board=13;threadid=8557;start=0#msg77336 date=1074818222]
    [/quote]

I am republican. if you dont like that, eat it.

its not because they are republican, its because they are jack-asses
    [/quote]

He is definitely not a cardholding RNC member. In case you couldn't tell, that is...

I just dont think its fair to shake your finger at them and say they do this because they are republican. cause, i almost garentee the high up people at IBM are too, though they might be democrats.

This is not a political battle, so lets not have it as one. Otherwise, if there is too much political argument on this beyond this post, i invite the moderators to close this thread.

I agree that this is not a "Liberal" vs. "Conserative" argument. SCO is simply grasping at straws and trying to pluck many heart stings of the House of Reps to get the desired result that they have not so far been able to get through the court system. All in all, SCO is simply playing the "terrorism" card saying that Open Source jeapordizes national security, America's stronghold on the world's technological sector, and the American economy. These are all current issues, and SCO is hoping that they will elicit sympathy and a positive response from Washington. In the end, I think that Washington will take little notice of SCO's pathetic claims and pleas for help.

[quote author=Ashcrow link=board=13;threadid=8557;start=0#msg77371 date=1074877884]
    I'm not a republican but I can tell you that most rupublicans including those in power could care less about Sco and their wants. Republicans tend to be pro buisness more than other parties, which generally means they are also againt things that hinder competition (which Sco is trying to do).
    [/quote]

Not neccessarily. They could see this as just another case of those damn hippies trying to get stuff for free. If it came down to it, do you think they'd rule in favour of Microsoft or Linux? I'm pretty sure their vote goes to MS...choose the business workhorse over the flowery hippie "I'm free you're free we're all free" crap. This is the way a lot of these guy think.

This could mean very bad things. If this gets on the radar of even one fat cat, a well-placed "favour" could hold a great deal of sway in the final ruling of IBM vs SCO.

Then again, IBM consistently turns a profit. SCO has finally dumped software in favour of litigation. Who would you vote for as the better business?

[quote author=Tyr_7BE link=board=13;threadid=8557;start=0#msg77602 date=1075213247]
    Not neccessarily. They could see this as just another case of those damn hippies trying to get stuff for free. If it came down to it, do you think they'd rule in favour of Microsoft or Linux? [/quote]

Would they rule in favor of Microsoft or IBM?

I know most people I know would vote IBM.

IBM is a seemingly good natured company, that is known to treat their customers fairly well. They also have a broad spectrum of products.

thats just my $0.02 though.

If it came down to it, and SCO did win, and Linux was no longer allowed to exist in the US and/or we had to pay SCO tax, my next choice would be Apple. I have been playing with the E-Macs at school and i've been loving OSX with its performance and grace.