Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OK...now which one of you wrote mydoom?

Re:OK...now which one of you wrote mydoom?

they should get a CVS repository going, I wanna keep up with the updates ;D

worms & holes

To the best of my extensive knowledge this pain in the butt was created in Herzegovina. The comon line of thought is that "organised crime has a hand in it's creation," a line to which i would myself subscribe.

Re:worms & holes

[quote author=wormholes link=board=17;threadid=8600;start=0#msg77754 date=1075480334]
    To the best of my extensive knowledge this pain in the butt was created in Herzegovina. The comon line of thought is that "organised crime has a hand in it's creation," a line to which i would myself subscribe.

[/quote]

But what would they (organized criminals) possibly have to gain from doing this?

[quote author=Tyr_7BE link=board=17;threadid=8600;start=0#msg77760 date=1075492528]
    [quote author=wormholes link=board=17;threadid=8600;start=0#msg77754 date=1075480334]

[/quote]

But what would they (organized criminals) possibly have to gain from doing this?
    [/quote]

Maybe SCO hired them...

[quote author=Lovechild link=board=17;threadid=8600;start=0#msg77768 date=1075505011]
    [quote author=Tyr_7BE link=board=17;threadid=8600;start=0#msg77760 date=1075492528]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Maybe SCO hired them...
    [/quote]
    I thought about this possibility, but dismissed it as my previous bias against SCO coming into play, disbeleiving that they would stoop this low to foil the reputation of the Linux community.. Maybe that's just wishful thinking.

Maybe I should do a "rain" from one server, and scan with another to microsoft.com that day. Wonder if I would be considered an "infected" packet on their end. BTW, any one have the virus on their Win system? I would like to infect my Wife's system.

Virulent MyDoom Computer Virus Created in Russia. St. Petersburg Times Russia, Jan
    29 2004 11:47PM. Virulent computer worm Mydoom.B is the same person.

[quote author=sambow43 link=board=17;threadid=8600;start=0#msg77777 date=1075534289]
    Virulent MyDoom Computer Virus Created in Russia. St. Petersburg Times Russia, Jan
    29 2004 11:47PM. Virulent computer worm Mydoom.B is the same person.
    [/quote]
    "If it's in the paper's it must be true then!!" however for those of us that would rather do our own homework " the first OPENING of this worm was indeed in russia" however, given that russian network engineer's were the first victims this does not mean that it was created there. With ref to "why & what use" this worm would be i am quite sure many of you could think of 3 very serious reasons to create such a worm.
    Did sco instigate it?............................................... ................ Well now i have stopped laughing ;D, & in laymens terms no, sorry to break up the paranoid line of thought, but if take one step back, you too can only conclude how rediculious it sounds.
    many thanks for brightening up my day

EDIT: Edited to remove verbal abuse.

Please do not post abusive comments.

LJR User Agreement

I doubt the author of Mydoom would be a Linux programmer.
    Most of us Linux users simply want the same usability as the
    propriety systems, and as such copyright and patents , encyption
    ect may be fair game to that end. However as a user of the internet
    these virii damage services (such as email and connecting ) for me as much as propriety system users.
    If the virus affects the SCO sytem only then it maybe more
    likely a Linux programmer. I think its more the work of a MS
    true believer wishing to inflame debate