Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
OK...now which one of you wrote mydoom?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OK...now which one of you wrote mydoom?

OK...now which one of you wrote mydoom?

I just heard on the news that the mydoom virus (which shut down my company's Windows server as well as the Police and Fire Department servers...) is directed to attack SCO and then Microsof of Feb 1. I just thought that was amusing since I JUST migrated to Linux...

Any thoughts? Is this realted to the recent news of the SCO trying to put an end to GPL? What do you think the impacts of the latest worm will be?

Just curious as to what people are thinking...

-John

Re:OK...now which one of you wrote mydoom?

hi john -
    Bruce Perens had the best response i have seen - http://perens.com/Articles/SCO/DOS/

i don't think anyone condones this worm...

it's a lame response to the SCO threat - how does that display the linux community as morally and etically any stronger than SCO ?

and there is one now that is going after windows also.

I almost want to setup a bunch of Win systems and infect them. Supposely Mydoom.B is scheduled to attack microsoft.com next month. Join in on the fun!

[quote author=Master Copy link=board=17;threadid=8600;start=0#msg77725 date=1075420098]
    I almost want to setup a bunch of Win systems and infect them. Supposely Mydoom.B is scheduled to attack microsoft.com next month. Join in on the fun!
    [/quote]

LOL!!

in the latest news:
    http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...s_040129225550

I don't get the George Bush picture.. what am I looking at with the ring?

Anyway.. the mydoom thing is bigger than I thought at first when I posted this thread... I think the SCO sucks, but I kinda agree that we shouldn't say "WAY TO GO FOR F---ING WITH SCO." That's just poor taste.

However, I don't think that the fact that the SCO and Microsoft are targets are neccesarily indicative that it's a Linux user...and really, why shouldn't we cheer when someone takes a shot at what is ultimately the enemy of Linux? I'm not saying we should, I'm just opening the door to debate....

I am facinated at the method of attack. How new is this? I know worms like this have been around.. but this one keeps mutating.. lots of tricks up its sleeve.

It will be interesting to track this.. not getting much media play around here.....

[quote author=Linux Looser link=board=17;threadid=8600;start=#msg77730 date=1075426299]
    I don't get the George Bush picture.. what am I looking at with the ring?
    [/quote]
    The one ring to rule them all...

thats mine, my pretty...my precioussss....

How new is this? I know worms like this have been around.. but this one keeps mutating.. lots of tricks up its sleeve.
    Mydoom was released about 2 weeks ago, and Mydoom.B was just released this week.