Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Mozilla 1.5
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mozilla 1.5

Associate

Mozilla 1.5

I used Moz 1.3.1 for quite a while and it worked fine. Now I have gone to 1.5. It works ok, except that I have a problem I had with versions before 1.3.1. Once it is open, I cannot click on a link, say in email and open a new page. It pops up the profile box and wont let me open the page under my same profile. It creates a lock file that if I delete, comes back once I open Mozilla again. I am clicking on links from my mail in Evolution. How can I get around this? Thanks.

Re:Mozilla 1.5

I will get and download Mozilla 1.5 tonight and see what I can come up with.

Aragorn
    If you give a man a fire he'll be warm, if you light the man on fire he'll be warm for life.

Associate

Cool, thanks.

Well I am and have been running 1.5.3 it seems and I haven't had any problems. I tried recreating your problem and couldn't. I also looked all over the net and couldn't find the problem. Yet I did have your problem with netscape quite some time ago. What I ended up doing is removing it and reinstalling it and it fixed the problem. It has something to do with permissions. Try logging in with root and see if it causes same problem and then with a regular user.

Aragorn
    If you give a man a fire he'll be warm, if you light the man on fire he'll be warm for life.

Associate

Can you tell me where you have it installed and what command you are using to run it?

it is in var/lib/mozilla

command is mozilla-1.5

Aragorn

Associate

is mozill-1.5 being run from usr/bin? I can open as many instances of 1.3 as I want, but if i have any version open, I cannot open 1.5. I did find a way to open it more than once, but it only worked if one instance was already open.

flandercan

Ok i had this prob where you could not open two sessions, it kept asking for a profile on the second session so i used this MSS , copy it to the mozilla directory and change your shortcut to point to it . Works perfect for me.

http://www.fcnet-mappers.co.uk/membe...can/Linux//MSS

thanks
    Paul

Associate

How exactly do I use that script? Thanks.

if you run chmod a+x MSS, that will make it executable (Its a shell script)
    then running ./MSS will work, or you could move it to something like /usr/local/bin/moz-launcher
    and just run moz-launcher
    whatdoyougetwhenyoumultiplysixbynine??