Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Parallel Programing

Thread: Parallel Programing

Parallel Programing

A friend wanted me to ask this question for him about this type of programming. I have no idea about it. Maybe someone here can give me some links etc to pass on to him.

"Im new to linux from where i have to start learning to linux
    actually, i have a background to build an application of parallel programing language MPI,MPICH on image formation,solving equations,can anybody help me in that.

I have heard that very less work has been made in this field of parallel programs and algorithms .i need information for C as a parallel language used in linux environment.any links,suggestions and guidance is highly welcommed.

Actually im interesed in MPI and MPICH both r i think c languge based parallel language and it is must for me to write // pgms in this."

He is foreign so his question may not be all that clear.

Thnx.

Re:Parallel Programing

kinda like this?
    http://www-106.ibm.com/developerwork...lnxw07pthreads

[edit:gorn]fixed link[/edit]

Thnx for the link. I'll pass it along.

Your friend might want to look up FUTEXES (Fast Userspace MUTEX I think), it's a new fast threading model in the 2.6 kernel with low overhead. It's the future of userspace threading.

Will pass it along, thnx.