Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Cannot Access Other Drives & CD/CD Writer Drives - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cannot Access Other Drives & CD/CD Writer Drives

Re:Cannot Access Other Drives & CD/CD Writer Drives

OK that worked, thanks. Now if I wanted to view whats on a CD in my CD Writer drive, do I do the same thing but hbd? Also, I may be looking for the wrong one but I can't find it in /dev/

Try either /dev/hdd (if it is the slave of the seconday controller) or /dev/hdb (if it is the slave of the primary controller.)

Try either /dev/hdd (if it is the slave of the seconday controller) or /dev/hdb (if it is the slave of the primary controller.)
    I think the CD Writer is set as Master. I don't see anything that I can chmod it too in /dev. I tried it as /dev/hdd but it didn't work

I tried this Plain English Tutorial but it told me that the line that I edited was bad: http://www.linuxjunior.org/cgi-bin/p...play&id=48

Good Guru

[quote author=HyBriDJoKeR link=board=3;threadid=8582;start=0#msg77618 date=1075237989]
    I think the CD Writer is set as Master.
    <snip>
    I tried it as /dev/hdd but it didn't work
    [/quote] If it's the master drive of secondary controller, then it's hdc.

Make sure that your /dev/cdrom is link to /dev/hdc. And then /cdrom directory is exist.

Then, make sure this entry is in your /etc/fstab
    Code:
    /dev/hdc      /cdrom     iso9660    ro,user,noauto   0     0
    If everything is good, then insert the data cd that you want to read.

Issue this command.
    mount /dev/cdrom

Then do, cd /cdrom

then, ls

You should see all your data in there.

After you've done, make sure to unmount it with "umount /dev/cdrom"

HTH ..

I'm talking about my CD-Writer drive. My CD-Drive is set on /dev/cdrom already.

[quote author=HyBriDJoKeR link=board=3;threadid=8582;start=0#msg77637 date=1075264001]
    I'm talking about my CD-Writer drive. My CD-Drive is set on /dev/cdrom already.
    [/quote]
    Then you need to create another mountpoint for the cd-writer.
    Something like

su -c "mkdir /dev/cdwriter"

This will make an empty folder where you can mount your cd-rw.
    Then reassign permissions as above.

After that, try again with hdd or hdb.

i think trickster meant ln -s /dev/hdc /dev/cdwriter ( i think it is on hdd, i am not too sure...)

Yeah, my bad. Link it as PBHarris said, then make a folder onm the /mnt directory

su -c "mkdir /mnt/cdwriter"

I added it to my writer the the fstab:

/dev/cdwriter /mnt/cdwriter iso9660 ro,user,noauto 0 0

Also, I used 'chmod 755 /dev/hdd /dev/cdrom' and 'chmod 755 /dev/hdc /dev/cdrom' but they both give me access to my CD drive.