Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

I want Unix forums

Thread: I want Unix forums

I want Unix forums

Hi,

Will someone post me all the Unix forums that u guys have?? I seen a topic in this section and someone posted links but out of all of the links there were like 1 or 2 forums. bsdforums i registered there some time last year but never go there again. The member on that forums was mean, rude u name it. Well thanx everyone..

Re:I want Unix forums

Hi Derek,

Are you looking for Unix forums or BSD forums?

Also, did you Google for BSD forums?

I think Schotty used to go to Screaming Electron, which is plainly linked on the Main Page of LJR.

Hi trickster,

Actually both Unix and BSD forums.
    yes i did google for both Unix and BSD forums.

I have been a member at screaming electron for a couple of months now.

I don't know if a forum is what you actually want. Screaming Electron is an excellent UNIX forum. You can get any of your UNIX problems answered there as long as you have patience. If you want immediate solutions, start using IRC. To save you from posting, there is an X-Chat Plain English Tutorial that TeRG made to help you start chatting on IRC. There you can join a UNIX channel and get real-time answers if you are nice. If that doesn't help, save up around $80, and hire a UNIX administrator to help you out, which should be able to get about 30 minutes to an hour of time.

Good Guru

My vote is for Screaming Electron. Lotsa great people with equally great talent. Plus Elmore, the admin, is a kick ass mofo ;D

[quote author=Slave Copy link=board=10;threadid=8576;start=0#msg77630 date=1075255946]
    My vote is for Screaming Electron. Lotsa great people with equally great talent. Plus Elmore, the admin, is a kick ass mofo ;D
    [/quote]

another vote for SE, those guys are on point over there. Wouldnt have been able to get my FreeBSD boxes up (X Server) without em