Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

I'm unable to mount my NTFS under Fedora
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm unable to mount my NTFS under Fedora

I'm unable to mount my NTFS under Fedora

Hi,

I have a few questions here. I will post my line that i did in etc/fstab and i need to ask a question about it.

/dev/hda1 /wxp ntfs defaults,users,ro,umask=002,gid=100 0 0

With that line. Can i actually save a file or something in Linux to my XP Pro partition the one that i want to mount?? Next question. I got some more output.

[dsantamassino@localhost dsantamassino]$ su
    Password:
    [root@localhost dsantamassino]# /sbin/modprobe ntfs
    modprobe: Can't locate module ntfs
    [root@localhost dsantamassino]#

What does that mean?? Why couldn't i load it?? Would anyone like to help me on this?? Thanx guys..

Re:I'm unable to mount my NTFS under Fedora

1)As I said to you before, NTFS support under linux is read-only at best. This means you can read whatever is on it, but you can not write files to it. So no, you cannot write to it.

2)I sent you a link last night that explained it. Did you read it? :

Due to the uncertain legal status of using the NTFS driver, RedHat and Fedora have chosen to leave the driver out of their kernels.
    Please read the documentation.

As indicated on that page, here is the link to the ntfs rpm's.
    http://linux-ntfs.sourceforge.net/rpm/fedora1.html

What if i made my partition FAT32?? Then can i write to it??

Yes!! Then you can write to it!!
    But then you can't assign permissions on Windows!!

Yeah, I already told him to consult that...

What exactly do u mean that i can't assign permissions in Windows??

That Fat32 does not allow for permissions on files and directories!!

Ok.. The PET makes it read only. How can i make it read write?? I have my Windows on FAT32 now.. Thanx..

I tried to set it for read write by myself and i set it for read only. I tried to write to the partition for just a test and it couldn't to wxp. Well that's all i can do. At least i tried.