Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Anyone speak/write Latin?

Thread: Anyone speak/write Latin?

Anyone speak/write Latin?

Hey,

I'm trying to come up with a name for my business. I'd like it to maybe be "Air Sphere" I think the Latin translation is

Aerius Sphaera - AS for short.

Can anyone tell me if this is remotely right? Should the adjective go in front or back?

Thanks

Re:Anyone speak/write Latin?

Actually,

what about Aerius Torus - AT for short?

I took Latin and all but three guys failed the class. I was one of the ones that failed it.

Kind Mastermind

[quote author=gmoreno link=board=14;threadid=8538;start=0#msg78225 date=1076202057]
    I took Latin and all but three guys failed the class. I was one of the ones that failed it.
    [/quote]

I took Latin for three years in high school. The day I graduated I did a major brain dump. Now, all I remember is Agricola (usually the first word you learn). So much for being even slightly educated .

Cheers

Heh. I also took Latin for three years in high school, and got nothing but A+ all the time, and these days can't remember anything, except for this:

hic haec hoc
    hunc hanc hoc
    huius huius huius
    hui hui hui
    hoc hac hoc

Yes, I've learned it by heart and still remember it. Boy, how useful! :

[quote author=Blaqb0x link=board=14;threadid=8538;start=0#msg77210 date=1074665104]
    Aerius Sphaera - AS for short.
    [/quote]

Easy Answer, how 'bout Sphaerius?

--Colin Jensen
    an actual Latin Teacher!
    www.colinandbethany.com