Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Strange emails
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Strange emails

Mentor

Strange emails

I've been getting a lot of strange emails lately from all kinds of sources. One example:
    n ip erk unafrio
    tcre nksd airoofe boiu aorjuii xtozano u
    ueelpem wipyefn n rivche
    oxc egan r
    kruawd
    mepckt zenstm
    wa meml avyutlm ief iry r ulkfix
    taiefc rrhcrum
    exh rbahbui ssui epntotc pyrpaqa onzo drosklt etifryl gtiourn eeknuti
    ne
    rctbubl orlamaj
    sgeipin t'rapu lumccl nk d rts givffa eproka ebessr t'llala
    hewmnec
    y sabdd
    grupt
    Does anyone have any clue what these are all about? I would think it's spam, but why do they bother sending this crap out?

Re:Strange emails

I've gotten some similar to that, where you read the spam from top to bottom, instead of left to right. However, that doesn't seem to be the case with the one you posted...

Good Guru

Its a virus.

I forget which ones, but there were a few that spew shit like that to all in your Lookout address books. Win32 crap again.

Mentor

[quote author=Slave Copy link=board=14;threadid=7992;start=#msg72967 date=1066928952]
    Its a virus.

I forget which ones, but there were a few that spew shit like that to all in your Lookout address books. Win32 crap again.
    [/quote]

I don't think it's a virus. There is no executable attached to the email. Just this stupid text.

Good Guru

[quote author=cloverm link=board=14;threadid=7992;start=0#msg72972 date=1066931488]
    I don't think it's a virus. There is no executable attached to the email. Just this stupid text.
    [/quote]
    Email with different language encoding such as Chinese font which you do not have the font for.

[quote author=Compunuts link=board=14;threadid=7992;start=0#msg72994 date=1066977239]
    [quote author=cloverm link=board=14;threadid=7992;start=0#msg72972 date=1066931488]
    [/quote]
    Email with different language encoding such as Chinese font which you do not have the font for.
    [/quote]

That would probably display little squares in most environments (cool little domino's on mine!). I might agree with Schotty (sorry...you'll always be Schotty ). Perhaps the sender is infected with something.

Good Guru

[quote author=Tyr_7BE link=board=14;threadid=7992;start=0#msg72996 date=1067002308]
    That would probably display little squares in most environments (cool little domino's on mine!). I might agree with Schotty (sorry...you'll always be Schotty ). Perhaps the sender is infected with something.
    [/quote]

Perhaps the mailserver(s) the mail got routed thru filtered it out. Its usually a script lang like javascript or something like that. The same shit that always affects the lame design of MS-Office suite tools.

And yeah, I am Schotty. The whole clone thing is an inside joke that leaked out to the public. I still drink beer and smoke cigs and use primarily redhat. Although Libranet is cool ...

Good Guru

[quote author=Tyr_7BE link=board=14;threadid=7992;start=0#msg72996 date=1067002308]
    That would probably display little squares in most environments (cool little domino's on mine!).[/quote]
    Hhmm, have no idea. Because whenever I tried to find like this, all I get is unreadable texts so I figure they are the same on Cloverm's. Oh well .......

Perhaps the sender is infected with something.
    I never had to worry about someone sending virus or anything via mail attachement since my Sylpheed on Linux do the great job. ;D

I've recieve similar e-mails at my yahoo acct. But garbage is at the bottom. As I am writing this I am also remember recieving some e-mails like this:

asGdaMasOraRadEadNadO = GMORENO

or just asdgGdaMasOadRadEnjkNkhOda = GMORENO
    My guess that it might be trying to escape spam filters by doing that type of thing. Most of it is with html

Just my two cents.

Mentor

I've been getting a new kind lately. It's just a bunch of random words like this:

antiquated blackman nostrand carbonium descant infinity renovate bottom
    tachistoscope southland stereography seething subvert
    ambling smolder portend ajax coneflower passionate talk
    I get 3 or 4 like this a day. What is the purpose of sending these out? What good does it do for the spammer? Just getting an evil satisfaction from annoying people?