Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

2.6 Kernel and some issues
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2.6 Kernel and some issues

Good Guru

2.6 Kernel and some issues

Hey all.

I finally tried 2.6 the other day and had several issues First off, the framebuffer . Not there. What do I need to fix?

Re:2.6 Kernel and some issues

I have the same problem

Mentor

AFAIK there is a patch that needs to be applied. I think it can be downloaded from the SUSE website, but don't have the URL.

2.6.1 is out now... maybe it's fixed

Good Guru

[quote author=countach44 link=board=2;threadid=8442;start=0#msg76584 date=1073681106]
    2.6.1 is out now... maybe it's fixed
    [/quote]
    I was just gonna say I'm going to wait for it. ;D

Now if they would fix iptables. :

Good Guru

Thanks for the help Trickster. I will get onto that ASAP. I do have like 3 Fedora kernels right now for the 2.4 tree that I have as backups, and 2 2.6 tree kernels from a couple Red Hat guys (Arjan, and some other packaging dude). I will say that Arjan's "works" better : RPM script adds the entry into Grub properly for starters ;D

Now that I got a solutio n for that I will see if the nVIDIA drivers I got for 2.6.x actually work ;D

Thanks for all the help y'all!

Good Guru

Okay ... Got the kernel up. Still no framebuffer. Mouse not right. IOs there a site that actually details the process to changeover? I recall that someone mentioned that the dev tree got rearranged. Where dfo USB devices go now?

Device Drivers --> USB support