Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Fiber Optic cable

Thread: Fiber Optic cable

Fiber Optic cable

alright
    here is the situation.

I am doing some networking for my dad's company, and this building has existing fiber optic cable...there was some boxes they ran into, but i couldnt tell what the boxes did..just had 8 plug-ins for fiber optic, and what looked like a cat5 cable going out the back, but i assumed it was just another type of fiber optic.

I NEED to learn how to light it up again so the warehouse manager can have a computer w/ internet.

also, one of the ends of one of them was cut off..is there a way to put new ends on it?

I have a piece of cable with me at home, ill get some pictures of the cable itself tonight..but i dont get back into the plant untill next week (wednesday or thursday) to get pictures of those boxes.

Re:Fiber Optic cable

It might help if you gave some stats. Most fiber devices, you need to enable the ports. The Cat5 in the back is indeed Cat5. it's just the WAN/LAN link. You can get a new connector for the one cut off.

thats the thing..i dont know the stats.

does anybody know where to get them?
    on the cable it says
    NU DATA 1-800-844-5757 E120857 (UL) OFNR RISER CABLE 62.5/125[/qoute]
    after doing some research, i found that it is a combination of ST and SC connecters..the one i found laying on the ground and grabbed as a samble can be located here:
    http://www.nudata.com/cables/fiberca...opticcable.htm

would something like this help? and do they send both ways? http://www.nudata.com/networks/trans...converters.htm

also, if i can mix 50/65.2 equipment with 65.2/125 cable, it would make things easier..but i somehow doubt thats possible..any insight?