Thread: Israel is about to stop buying Microsoft licenses

Israel is about to stop buying Microsoft licenses

Re:Israel is about to stop buying Microsoft licenses

yeah. microsoft has some major problems in the near future. more and more coutries are saying "why, billy, why should i pay your taxes?"

next thing you know we will have a bunch of boxes containing windows disks into the ocean :P (reffering to the boston tea party in american history)

Prediction.......microsoft will soon start offering its office products separately and not as a bundle. They tried to offer it to Munich city hall but it didn't help, so I guess even if they do that it won't help to stop Linux.

they DO offer them seperately. for like $200 each. c'mon, would you pay $200 for a word processer? imean there is quite a few alternatives that work just as well for undr $80. some even free.

Well, I guess I should stop my predictions ;D I didn't know they sell it separately, and you're right, who needs for 200$ a pop. Geez....

Good Guru

[quote author=TeRG link=board=13;threadid=8388;start=0#msg76085 date=1072908598]
    they DO offer them seperately. for like $200 each.
    [/quote]
    I'm not aware of Office suite being offer separately except Windows and Mac version. Where did you see that they offer for Unix? Or other OS?

[quote author=Compunuts link=board=13;threadid=8388;start=0#msg76334 date=1073246047]
    [quote author=TeRG link=board=13;threadid=8388;start=0#msg76085 date=1072908598]
    they DO offer them seperately. for like $200 each.
    [/quote]
    I'm not aware of Office suite being offer separately except Windows and Mac version. Where did you see that they offer for Unix? Or other OS?
    [/quote]

I was reffering that you can buy word, excel, or powerpoint alone, but for like $150 more you could get SBE and peice of hardware..or go to openoffice.org for free

Wow that has to be the first sensible think I heard out of Israel in ages.. if not ever.

good news, and nice to see that people are no longer afraid to look for alternatives.