Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why the mideast will never see peace...

Re:Why the mideast will never see peace...

true dat. I think I can safely say that after much consideration...People suck. Why does it seem that the IQ of group is inversely proportional to the amount of people in the group?

Another saying:
    Level of democracy cannot exceed the level of culture.
    In other words, the lower the cultural standards are the less 'self-concious' society you get.
    I've seen that, I've lived 8 years in the midle-east havoc and IMHO you cannot 'reason' with what's going on there, it's pretty much beyond the place where reason can do anything to stabilize it.
    Sad.

Kind Mastermind

I think you have to look a little bit deeper. By that I mean that Israel has been saying a lot of things about Iran, which makes Iran suspect that Israel may use military force against Iran. If we had a huge earthquake in SF, do you think that we would ask an Iraq or N. Korea for help? I don't think so. The political, cultural, and practical implications are staggering.

Don't get me wrong, in general I'm pretty much a Zionist (as fully as a non-Jew can be). I would prefer that the so-called Palestinians would just move back to their cultural homes (which isn't in that area). But, knowing how things are, I'm not holding my breath. Oh well, I have enough problems trying to keep up with the latest international objectives my national government comes up with.

Cheers

I guess what is I'm saying is not who should/shouldn't offer/accept help, it's just the tip of the iceberg and if you look at the whole structure.....then it's so damn complicated that .... I whish I knew the answer to all that shit :-)

[quote author=Mountainman link=board=14;threadid=8381;start=0#msg76050 date=1072817045]
    true dat. I think I can safely say that after much consideration...People suck. Why does it seem that the IQ of group is inversely proportional to the amount of people in the group?
    [/quote]
    I think Tommy Lee Jones said it best...." A person is smart. People are dumb, stupid and panicky."

Part of the reason peace will not come easy is the simple Jew Versus Palistinian struggle. Beforec Isreal was Isreal it was Palistine and their was as small pocket of Jewish terrorists trying to overthrough the government of the area. There was a 45% Jewish population at that time, the rest being Palistinian (either Islamic or Christian). Once the US got involved at the request of a group of conservitive Jewish revolutionists (not in a bad way by any means) and took the Palistine for the Jews, the 65% population was left with a major problem: stay and be second class citizens or leave to Jordan and other close countries as refugess. Most fled the nation in hopes of one day recapturing 'their homeland' while some stayed and to this day hold out.

Obviosly, the land wasn't originally Palistine, it was many, MANY other things before that including Isreal at one time in history, but the majority of that country was 'overruled' by the minority ... and that wasn't a good start for 'the only democracy in the middle east.' Not to mention the inability to avoid military inclusion for citizens at least once in their life.

These are things that alot of people don't really think on, instead only seeing Palistinians as 'terrorists' when in fact they are people who want their stuff back allong with their freedom. The terrorist homicide bombers are generally sent from other Islamic nations 'in the name of Plaistine.' While average Palistinians don't agree with this, they believe that the Isrealis do deserve it which is unforuntate.

I've done some study on the conflict at University, and I can tell you the news media just picks a side and says 'hey! I like their style! they are the good guys this year.'

Good Guru

[quote author=stryder144 link=board=14;threadid=8381;start=0#msg76061 date=1072828207]
    The political, cultural, and practical implications are staggering.
    [/quote]
    I agree with this notion. The complications would be far more greater than the help you would get.