Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Bash scripting and the stderr

Thread: Bash scripting and the stderr

Bash scripting and the stderr

Ok.
    I started reading the tut's laying around all over the place about bash scripting and came across some obtuse info about the stdout, stdin, and stderr. Now, my question is, are you ready? WTF do they do? I have yet to find a sufficient definition of each to be able to really understand what they mean.

thanx
    10ded

Re:Bash scripting and the stderr

those are the standard input, out and error streams.
    Meaning the normally that input is the keyboard and output is the screen but they can be redirected, fx. stderr could be redirected to the printer if you wanted to print error messages.

Re:Bash scripting and the stderr

AAAhhh. thanks